Obssesive?

Options
HBBrown78
HBBrown78 Posts: 55 Member
When you add your calories how detailed are you? If you take a bite of your hubby's sandwich or sneak a couple of your kids fries do you count them or let them slide? HHHHHHMMMMMMMM...........

Replies

• HBBrown78
    HBBrown78 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    And If you do count them how do you know you have added it right?
  • lanzaroteblue
    lanzaroteblue Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I log everything (even on my 'splurge' days).

I don't think it's obssesive but it works for me
    to log everything in and all my exercise.

Personal choice but when I started logging my
    food, I was surprised at how much I was eating
    without 'realising' and it was that that really helped
    me get on track and finally start losing weight.

Good luck
    Nicola x
  • Bay89
    Bay89 Posts: 3
    Options
    I am really obssesive and count absolutely everything otherwise I find myself sneaking them all the time and while it may only add up to 100 or so calories doing this everyday can really affect your weight loss. I find that using the number of servings drop down menu helps me as for example I can find the calories in the sandwich and then put the number of servings as 0.125.

Hope this helps
  • lanzaroteblue
    lanzaroteblue Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I try and pre-log my meals and then don't 'pick' at anything else.

I also would kill my husband if he tried to take some of my food
    now as it would knock my cals out. This would NEVER have
    bothered me before.:blushing:

Nicola x
  • LauraSmyth28
    LauraSmyth28 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I've not logged the little things before, and it just leads to a bad weight loss week.

So now I log!
  • seekingstrengthX2
    Options
    I do log everything but do not consider it obsessive. It's called taking control. :) LOVE IT!!!!
  • greeneyes191
    greeneyes191 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    The recent post: 'Cheating' is not really 'Cheating' is it?? :) is basically saying the same thing. Whether you chose to log something is entirely up to you. It's not going to help or hurt. It's only going to skew your true intake then probably frustrate you later because you can't figure out why you aren't being successful in your weight loss.
    It helps to keep good records - it's often an eye-opener.
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    If I have a bite of something "bad" i log it. If I have a bite of tomato or something I wont log it.

basically, if it's under 10 cals I wont log it.
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I tell myself if I can't log it- I don't need it. that usually keeps me from picking.
  • nukebhs83
    nukebhs83 Posts: 158
    Options
    i dont count it when i take a bite of someone else's food---those are their calories why the heck would i count them???? LOL seriously--i dont write it down but i do keep it in mind that i have had a little extra so i may leave a bite or two on my plate to make up the difference.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    It depends on how big the sneak was. If I took just one french fry and I actually ate some fries, I'll let that go. Yesterday, I snuck part of my kids cookie. I accounted for that.
  • Tristis
    Tristis Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    My son (and my cats, for that matter) eats a lot off my plate; so, I figure if I take a taste of his food, it cancels out. Usually, though, it's him taking from me and not me from him. So, I guess I cheat in my diets' favor. I actually consume less calories than I own up to.
  • emma110984
    emma110984 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    i log everything that passess my lips and every bit of exercise i do! Even if it is just a 10 minute walk, or 5 minutes on the Wii fit!!! It works for me and yes I can be a bit obsessive about it!!
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    if you bite it - write it (or log it!)
  • REET420
    REET420 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I try not to pick at food because it makes it harder to track but if I do Ill just take that piece out when I measure my portion and it adds up to the same thing. If I eat a cup of fries and I picked 2 or 3 from the box I will measure the cup then take 2 or 3 fries out and log it as a cup.

If it's something gross and I spit it out I don't log
  • TheChocolatePrincess
    TheChocolatePrincess Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I log bites and sometimes it helps motivate me because I tend to lean towards the high end of the option, rather than the smaller end. That way I consume less later.
  • charliefocus
    charliefocus Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    log it - and guestimate by what the ingredients were. This may keep you from having a little taste here and there more often if you know you have to account for it! they do add up.

Hang in there..!
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    if you bite it - write it (or log it!)

Word! Yes I log bites....most the time...I usually enter it as .10 of a serving. Idk if it is right or not...but I figure it's better than not logging it!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I don't add the random bite here or there because I know all the calorie counts are not exact anyway. Even if you weigh or measure every morsel your still only getting a close count as not every potato/tomato/fish/chicken/etc. has the exact same calorie count. Unless you have a lab and personally test every bite you you eat, they are all just averages. The few calories in 2 fries is not going to make that much difference. Unless they are huge steak fry wedges. Then I'd probably count them.
  • monica2434
    monica2434 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I tell myself if I can't log it- I don't need it. that usually keeps me from picking.

I agree and that's a great saying BTW. Thanks.