Proud of me =)

Options
So, just about 2 and a half weeks ago I started the "from the couch to 5k" program ... and so far I have done it just as scheduled. That alone is an accomplishment for me, as I don't think I have stuck with any kind of exercise for this long. But I am especially proud of me today. It started as a normal day, till I realized we are 3 ppl short at work ( we have a team of 6 on a normal day) ... that made for quiet a busy day. Of course the day saved the worst for the last half hour ... which I luckily survived.... than I go home to find out my friend from out of town is stopping by for a visit ... which is totally cool, beside that today is "family day" and I hang out with my sis-in-law in the evening and do to short ppl at work I didnt get to walk/run on my lunch break .... so, long story short ... I go to work @ 7:30 AM, get out at 5:30 PM, visit with my friends till nearly 8:30PM, go to see my sis-in-law till about 10:30 PM, go home, change and hop on the thread mill .... did my 24 min walk and 6 min run and now I feel good and accomplished .... and proud that I did it ... even tho I was sooo tired after this day!

Sorry for the long blablas.... just wanted to share =)

Manu

Replies

• Skagirl
    Skagirl Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    woohoo! Good for you for sticking to it. WTG :drinker:
  • onfleur
    onfleur Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Doing the happy dance for you.:bigsmile: :heart: :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • katythemommy
    katythemommy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Nice job!! I love the feeling of after a workout when I almost skipped it!! I did that tonight and decided I was too tired to workout but then I just got up and did it and I felt so much better! I am starting my third week for the couch to 5k plan and cannot believe I have stuck with it either! Congrats and hopefully soon you and I will be running 5ks with ease! :smile:
  • mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    I am also doing the couch to 5k program and its amazing to me that i am able to do it. I have never been a runner - but always wanted to be one - and I started doing this program to get me to that point. I'm well on my way (in week 3) and it sounds like you are too. Keep up the good work!
  • creativefrugalmom
    creativefrugalmom Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Just out of curiosity, I have been reading a lot about the couch to 5k program on the posts here but, where can I find information on it? Thanks.

210557.png
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Just out of curiosity, I have been reading a lot about the couch to 5k program on the posts here but, where can I find information on it? Thanks.
    coolrunnings.com (scroll down on the home page - don't download)
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    So, just about 2 and a half weeks ago I started the "from the couch to 5k" program ... and so far I have done it just as scheduled. That alone is an accomplishment for me, as I don't think I have stuck with any kind of exercise for this long. But I am especially proud of me today. It started as a normal day, till I realized we are 3 ppl short at work ( we have a team of 6 on a normal day) ... that made for quiet a busy day. Of course the day saved the worst for the last half hour ... which I luckily survived.... than I go home to find out my friend from out of town is stopping by for a visit ... which is totally cool, beside that today is "family day" and I hang out with my sis-in-law in the evening and do to short ppl at work I didnt get to walk/run on my lunch break .... so, long story short ... I go to work @ 7:30 AM, get out at 5:30 PM, visit with my friends till nearly 8:30PM, go to see my sis-in-law till about 10:30 PM, go home, change and hop on the thread mill .... did my 24 min walk and 6 min run and now I feel good and accomplished .... and proud that I did it ... even tho I was sooo tired after this day!

Sorry for the long blablas.... just wanted to share =)

Manu

way to go!!!
  • creativefrugalmom
    Options
    Dedication! That's what it's all about. I find myself feeling the same way sometimes. I feel soooo guilty if I don't get in my regular workout. We work too hard on trying to reach our goals.

Congratulations!

210557.png
  • creativefrugalmom
    Options
    Thanks for the information on the couch to 5K!

210557.png
  • cpafford79
    cpafford79 Posts: 88
    Options
    I have been interested in the Couch to 5K program as well. I find that my body responds best when I alternate between a "wogg" (walk/jogg) and Turbo Jam 5 days per week. I have found that after 4 weeks of alternating these, I am now able to run for longer distances and longer times. Anyways....long story short....the website is www.coolrunning.com (drop the "s" from previous post:smile: . I think I am going to try out the program and see if it helps me any!

Keep up the great work!! :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!