Good delivery pizza?

My husband loves pizza and has been with me on this new lifestyle change so far and very supportive. I wanted to treat him to pizza tonight but I also want to find a pizza thats not *that* bad for us. Of course I may not find results Im extremely happy with but I was wondering if anyone knew off the top of their heads a common pizza place where the pizza isn't terribly high in fats, carbs etc. in comparison with others.

Replies

• TundraTed
    TundraTed Posts: 254 Member
    I have found that the best way to deal with this is to work it into your daily goals. Papa Johns Supreme (Large) is around 300 cals a slice if I remember right. Plan on a big salad before the pizza gets there and 2 slices. You could be at about 700-800 cals for a meal.

The other tips are to order Thin Crust and lots of veggies with no meats. Avoid extra cheese.

I make a killer homemade whole wheat pizza crust. I then use a jar of sauce (you could do homemade), cheese, and tons of veggies with turkey pep/sausage at home. I just watch the cheese portion closely. I can eat 3-4 slices of it with a big salad and still be under 1,000 cals. If you like to cook, making your own is a great idea/option as well.
  • mrdalton
    mrdalton Posts: 95 Member
    I order a thin crust, no sauce, veggie lovers pizza from Pizza Hut when I am craving a slice. I think it is pretty yummy. :)
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    What's nice about the chains is that they have all the nutrition information available. If you use Dominos, their website actually allows you to build your whole meal (including pizza crust, toppings, sides, etc.) and calculates all the information for you.

Really though, I think chain pizza places tend to have pretty mediocre pizza, so I'll use their information as an estimate and order from one of the million awesome independent places around here. It's a heavy hitter in terms of calories/fat/sodium regardless, so might as well have something that's really tasty.
  • jessi3385
    jessi3385 Posts: 9
    Thanks everyone! There are some locals too, which I can see would be a little better for you than chains because everything is made in house for the most part. Thanks again for the info!!
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Pizza Hut in the UK do a new Pizetta range at under 500 calories per pizza - and it's not a bad size at all! Definitely the nicest pizza I've ever had from them, too.
    Not sure where you're based, but it's an option.