Yogurt that tastes good.

Options
:smile: Can anyone tell me of a good tasting yogurt that does not have that spoiled milk taste? I would love to incorporate yogurt into my snack routine, however, I have found that I really just don't like the taste. I am fearful to try any new ones without advice because I just don't want to waste the money if I do not like it. I have not tried Greek yogurt yet, is that any different? All advice is welcomed.

Replies

• BabeedollB
    BabeedollB Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I like Yocrunch. It's a yogurt parfait with granola...It's really good!!! I buy the Strawberry.
  • tweetybaby69
    tweetybaby69 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Thanks, haven't tried it yet.
  • JaySpice
    JaySpice Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I'm still not a fan of yogurt even though I have incorporated it into my diet. I usually eat greek yogurt and I blend it in with my smoothies or make a parfait out of it. I would NOT advise you buying vanilla or plain greek yogurt. Gross. I made the mistake of using vanilla greek yogurt in a strawberry and granola parfait....waste of money cause I straight threw it in the trash. I was told, after the fact, that adding some honey would have made it better and I agree. If you buy greek yogurt get the ones with fruit on the bottom. Also greek yogurt is thicker than other yogurts such as Light n' Fit. But in the end all yogurt has a tang to it.
  • microburst20
    microburst20 Posts: 130
    Options
    I never like yogurt until I tried making my own. You simply ferment it for shorter periods 3-4 hours instead of 10, the less time fermenting the less tart.
  • jcohio85
    jcohio85 Posts: 43
    Options
    I am not a fan of it myself. If I get it I usually get the strawberry. It seems to be the best. I wish I could enjoy plain yogurt!
  • Gutter19
    Gutter19 Posts: 141
    Options
    I am a big fan of Dannon Light and Fit.
  • JBApplebee
    JBApplebee Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I love the yoplait light fat-free & the Chobani greek yogurt. I just finished my breakfast of Chobani peach, Kashi go lean crunch & a chocolate protein shake. The yoplait (blue labels) has no bad aftertaste. My favorite flavors are Balck forest cake, raspberry lemonade & strawberry orange sunrise. My favorites from Chobani are the Peach, raspberry & Black Cherry. They've got a couple of new flavors that haven't hit my area yet. I want to try the blood orange flavor.
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I like the plain Fage greek yogurt but to a 6oz cup I add either .5tsp of honey or 1/2c of Kashi Go Lean Crunch for that little bit of sweet.
  • SweetMegz04
    SweetMegz04 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Dannon Light N Fit are good... Not too Tart and a Great Price for the 4 pack!
  • mdink620
    mdink620 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I like the plain Fage greek yogurt but to a 6oz cup I add either .5tsp of honey or 1/2c of Kashi Go Lean Crunch for that little bit of sweet.

I love fage too and this is what I add to mine, with a little fruit thrown in.
  • merrielucas
    merrielucas Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I really like vanilla Chobani greek yogurt with a little wheat germ sprinkled on it. It's so creamy with a little crunch - sort of like eating a pudding.
  • TracyGA
    TracyGA Posts: 13
    Options
    I have never liked yogurt. I have tried and tried over many years to find a yogurt that I can at least tolerate because I feel it is such a healthy addition to my diet.

About a month ago I found a yogurt that not only can I tolerate, but I actually LOVE the taste of it.

It is Athena greek yogurt, honey-strawberry flavor.

The only downfall is that it is not low-fat.....but I would rather have a bowl of this yogurt than a bowl of ice cream for dessert. It is that good!!
  • onit331
    onit331 Posts: 10
    Options
    Chobani. Num!
  • chrisb75
    chrisb75 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    If you don't like it, why would you eat it?

I don't eat yogurt plain. I do, however, use it as replacement for sour cream on potatoes. YUM!
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    I find there are some varieties/flavors I love and want to eat other day, and others that I absolutely hate.
    My favorites - Dannon Lite and Fit strawberry cheesecake, caramel, vanilla coconut. As for Greek yogurt I love the vanilla, or sometimes I get the plain and mix in honey, cinnemon, and blueberries. I also like the chobani apple and cinnemon, though other than that I don't like anything that has fruit on the bottom.
  • yherrman
    yherrman Posts: 19
    Options
    I had never liked yogurt either, but I have found a couple that I like. The Yoplait Thick and creamy Lemon Meringue and Strawberry. I tried the Chobani, and it's not bad, but the Lemon Meringue is my favorite.
  • jayenomics
    jayenomics Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Any Chobani flavor is amazing....god it's so good...
  • Nurse_krissy
    Nurse_krissy Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Chobani pineapple and apples & cinnamon (hello apple pie!) are my FAVORITE! Before those, I would simply tolerate yogurt for its health benefit. But those two? Pure pleasure!
  • RipperSB
    RipperSB Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Danon Silhouettes - 100g, 35 calories, no sugar or aspartame added. I have one everyday during lunch.
  • mconway79
    mconway79 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I like the Activia Fat Free probiotic. Its very cream and not to tart. My fav is the raspberry. Good luck finding one you like