Thank you for the Tip

Options
Hello Every one,
I am a 38 yr old single woman who was always too busy to take care of herself.
About 2 months ago, I was a bit depressed becasue I had tried every diet on the planet and none of them worked for me. My middle area was getting bigger by the minute and I just didn't know what to do. When I was so stressed about my weight gain and my totally out of shape body, I read one of your comments on the message board about getting free passes to different Gyms. I followed the advise and I went on line to get as many passes as possible. I went to my first appointment and I fell in love with the gym and the service, so i decided to enroll and ever since I have been working out at least 5 times a week. Today I feel great, Since yesterday I have been getting complements about how good I look, although I have only lost 5 lbs, my shape and posture have changed, and more importantly my attitude. I hired a personal trainer to to get some advise as to how to start my workout rutine, and what to eat and what no to eat. Having him as my coach thrughout this difficult task has been a great thing for me. I would definetly recommend everyone who doesn't know how to start to lose weight or who has tried everything and nothing seems to work, to get help, don't try to do it alone. And most importantly Today I just wanted to say Thank you for the Tip!!!!

Replies

• mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you are seeing success and feeling better about yourself. WAY TO GO! :flowerforyou:

I love when people say "I tried every diet" - because becoming healthy, I have realized, won't be achieved or maintained by a simple diet. It is a lifestyle change that is needed. I think it has clicked with you - it took a while to click with me - and I pray it clicks with many others who are reading this.

I always thought and said, "its really hard for me to loose weight" - boy was I wrong! I lost 28 pounds in 3 months and am well on my way to loosing 32 more. The only thing that was hard about me loosing weight was the way in which I was going about it........
  • indianagranny
    Options
    I agree with everything mszSHOGAN said. I am so happy for you. Good luck in your lifestyle change
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    I agree with everything mszSHOGAN said. I am so happy for you. Good luck in your lifestyle change

me too. Good luck on your weight loss journey :flowerforyou:
  • Rosiefig
    Rosiefig Posts: 5
    Options
    Thank you for the encauragement. What did you do to lose so much waight in so little time? Hearing about ti makes me want to continue and don't give up.

Keep up the good work!:smile:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the encauragement. What did you do to lose so much waight in so little time? Hearing about ti makes me want to continue and don't give up.

I used to be a fast food junkie, I don't eat that stuff anymore. I eat healthy foods, follow my calories to a t, and I have a stationary bike that I try to ride 5 days a week for 30 minutes. I watch the amount of sodium I eat, I eat no more than 2500 (what this site recommends), and all I drink is water.
  • ashleyweberr
    Options
    Wow! How did you lose so much weight that fast?
  • 150lbs2go
    150lbs2go Posts: 104
    Options
    Welcome! :D
  • mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options

Proper nutritious food, normal human being portions and cardio like crazy!
  • Rosiefig
    Rosiefig Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi it has been a long time since I loged in, I'm currently at 155, but I signed up to the local gym and Im ready to lose 20 more lbs. My original weight was 174, so Im really rpoud to say that I have not gone back to the 170 'snor the 160's . I recently took my mom to the doctor and she has diabetees, the doctor gave her some ideas of meals she can eat to keep her diabetees under control and she also reminded me how important it is to lose the 20 to 25 extra lbs I have, she made me realize that I need to start moving again and watch more closely what I eat. Its unbeliveable, but that show " the Biggest Loser" inspared me to came back to my fitness pal and finish my weight loss jurney. My goal is to go down to 135 lbs in about 19 weeks if I can do it sooner I will be Happy.