Is Vitamin Water Healthy? Not Sugar Water?

Options
pecarrick
pecarrick Posts: 12 Member
Vitamin Water is delicious - it's also loaded with sugar...I've committed to giving up sweets for a year (4 months into it now). I'm debating if this is a sweet or not because of the amount of sugar.

Thoughts please on this drink!

Do the said vitamins in Vitamin Water out-weigh the amount of sugar in Vitamin Water?

Replies

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I think the price of vitamin water outweighs the vitamins in it. Like the "sports drink" makers they've done a brilliant job of marketing. I cringe every time I see people (who haven't been exercising strenuously) guzzling [insert brand here]ade rather than water oblivious to the sugar and sodium most of these products contain.

If you're monitoring your sugar intake drink water and take a multivitamin, you'll enjoy the same health benefits and your wallet will thank you.
  • chris1816
    chris1816 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Vitamin Water is delicious - it's also loaded with sugar...I've committed to giving up sweets for a year (4 months into it now). I'm debating if this is a sweet or not because of the amount of sugar.

Thoughts please on this drink!

Do the said vitamins in Vitamin Water out-weigh the amount of sugar in Vitamin Water?

No.

Take a multivitamin a day, it's cheaper.
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    It's sugar water. There's actually been some controversy around it as of late, including a complaint filed with the FTC citing deceptive advertising, but it's questionable whether it meets that standard legally-speaking. If you do a Google News search, you can probably find something on that.