present for motivation!

Options
I picked up this idea from someone a while ago. Thought I might throw it out there incase you want to do the same!:flowerforyou:

I'm putting $1 in a jar for every hundred grams I lose and when I get to my gaol weight I go and buy myself something (I'm thinking a bracelet) to remember that I am worth the effort to take care of myself, and remember how hard I worked to lose the weight, and to remember that I deserve good things too!
.:happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

I live in Australia so you might choose a different currency eg US$5 per pound or what ever would be worth the effort where you are.:flowerforyou:

Replies

• smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    I like that idea. I want a tattoo when I reach my goal anyway so that will help me pay for it. If I started it when I started my weight lose $5 for every pound I would be up to $55 right now.:noway:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    My next reward is at 75 pounds - I am getting a set of BOSE earbuds for my ipod shuffle....the shuffle was my 50 pound reward...
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    My next reward is at 75 pounds - I am getting a set of BOSE earbuds for my ipod shuffle....the shuffle was my 50 pound reward...

Wow Chrissy...look at you..1 Lb away from your Bose earbuds! You are doing great!!!
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    You go girl:flowerforyou:
    I think I am about 4 pounds from my next goal
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I can't wait! More for the number than even the reward - the number is a HUGE reward!!
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options
    I like that idea. I want a tattoo when I reach my goal anyway so that will help me pay for it. If I started it when I started my weight lose $5 for every pound I would be up to $55 right now.:noway:

I decided a while back that I was to get another tattoo when I reach my goal weight and then on the anniversary of reaching my goals weight after that as incentive to not gain anything back. That is one of my biggest fears, that I will gain it back. :sad:
  • vanimami
    vanimami Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I told myself that when I get reach 10lbs lost, I will buy dance dance revolution. Since it's kind of expensive, it's something I should reward my hard work with :smile:
  • AlmostHot
    AlmostHot Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    74 pounds well done! Hope your enjoy the new sound of the ipod!:glasses:

Is Dance revolution a wii game?:tongue:

I love the idea of the tattoo as well!:wink:

I imagine fiddeling with my bracelet remembering all the hard work and feeling proud of myself, should be able to buy a nice one with AU$400 in the end.:laugh:
  • AlmostHot
    Options

I decided a while back that I was to get another tattoo when I reach my goal weight and then on the anniversary of reaching my goals weight after that as incentive to not gain anything back. That is one of my biggest fears, that I will gain it back. :sad:

If you have truely changed your life and really want a clean life then I believe you wont gain it back. Make sure you always make yourself a priority in your life! And remember you are worth it! It's hard I know, but it can be done!:drinker:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Whether you lose weight or not, just changing your lifestyle will help you live a better life.

So I will put money in a jar for each day I have made good food choices and added exercise to my day.

In 6 months I am going to take a vacation with that money.

Thanks for the idea!!

:flowerforyou:
  • GetFitBy2010
    Options
    If I go down to 170 lbs, I can go to Cannon beach (1.5 hours drive). I'm just 1 lbs short.
    160 lbs I'll go to Newport, another beach (4 hours drive) and stay over night. I hope I can go down by my Bday Aug 5th. The last time I was there, 2 weeks ago , I saw 3 whales :noway:
  • AlmostHot
    Options
    Great thinking!:wink:

They are both fantasitc ideas, I'll get my bracelet then I'll think how I am going to reward myself for staying true!:tongue: