Commitment

Options
:explode: So..I have an issue with myself. I always had a hard time to commit to something. For the past year, I have been wanting the "Insanity" dvd's. My loving and supportive Fiance took it upon himself and purchased them for me. I need help! My question is: How do you stay committed to something, and follow thorough to the end?? Thanks in advance. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I think it is kinda the same way you are committed to losing weight/getting healthier. You just have to remember you started for a reason and if the Insanity dvd will help you continue toward your goal then that is it, at least for now. Nothing says you hae to stick with these dvds you just have to remember to stick with you and your health, if that makes any sense.
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I would just feel so guilty if I don't "stick with it", because I know how expensive the dvd's are. :frown:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,579 Member
    Options
    :explode: So..I have an issue with myself. I always had a hard time to commit to something. For the past year, I have been wanting the "Insanity" dvd's. My loving and supportive Fiance took it upon himself and purchased them for me. I need help! My question is: How do you stay committed to something, and follow thorough to the end?? Thanks in advance. :flowerforyou:
    You have to WANT it more than anything else. That's pretty much it. If other things distract you, then you don't want it bad enough. Reassess why you're doing what you're doing. Is it to please others, or to please you? If it's to please others, then that's a good reason to hold you back.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    I would just feel so guilty if I don't "stick with it", because I know how expensive the dvd's are. :frown:

Then start them today so you get the most of your money's worth!

And enjoy the "exercise credit" calories, those are the TASTIEST. That's what gets me going with exercise; knowing I can eat more and I loves to eat.
  • PositivePower
    PositivePower Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Hey there ~ we have p90x, I told my husband I wanted to go to the next level so he say we have it do it!!! I have done a few of the DVD's which are challenging but good. I work out 5-6 days a week and love my gym classes...too many distractions at home. Maybe we should team up and get started with these programs. I might go do a DVD right now....however I should be working :tongue: The draw backs of working at home....or is it a plus???? Good Luck :bigsmile:
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Reassess why you're doing what you're doing. Is it to please others, or to please you?

^^ Good point! You made me really see through this comment. All my life was to "please others" first, and make myself come in "second". I know I can do this..I need to focus on making me "FIRST". Thank you!