4 month progress!

Today marks 4 months since my "over-it" moment.

Starting weight: 182.5
Today: 163.5

Total Loss: 19 pounds

But I'm more excited about the 24.25 inches that have come off! 24.25 inches!

10 years ago, I was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis and Enteropathic Arthritis. I lived under the assumption that there were things I couldn't do because of those two big bad guys in my life. In March of this year, I found out that I had been misdiagnosed and there's really NOTHING wrong with me. I had no excuses over the last decade. The only reason I couldn't do things was because I didn't try. I was lazy and out of shape. Well, not anymore, friends. I started Couch to 5K; I'm learning how to swim; I'm starting the New Rules of Lifting for Women; and I'm training for the Warrior Dash in September. I can't believe how beautiful life is! I feel like I've been given a second chance at living a good life and I just want to rock it!

Sometimes, we just have to get out of our own way. I didn't realize what that meant until this year. Whatever you truly WANT to do, you can do. In 4 months, my life is totally different and I expect it to be different again 4 months from now. Thank you so much to everyone in my MFP family that supports me on a daily basis. You people rock!

Replies

• Lori1472
    Lori1472 Posts: 37 Member
    Very proud of you and proud to know you're a member of my support team!! :o) Keep up the great work!!!!!!!
  • flyingwrite
    flyingwrite Posts: 264
    Thank you! I'm so glad you're on MY team!
  • marigold8g
    marigold8g Posts: 51 Member
    You are doing do awesome!! Wag to go on setting and already achieving (or being well on your way towards achieving) so many wonderful goals! You truly are an inspiration and I'm happy to have had each other to motivate along each of our journeys!!
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,795 Member
    That is great!!!!
  • flyingwrite
    flyingwrite Posts: 264
    You are doing do awesome!! Wag to go on setting and already achieving (or being well on your way towards achieving) so many wonderful goals! You truly are an inspiration and I'm happy to have had each other to motivate along each of our journeys!!

Thank you! I appreciate your support more than you can imagine!