Going to an MLB game, what should I eat?

Options
13»

Replies

• lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    hotdog.....nacho....and mountain dew...i never let the diet get in the way of the ballpark experience

some people are huge fans of the MLB and never get a chance to go to a live game (ME)...enjoy the experience for all it's worth
  • Krissy366
    Krissy366 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    It's not easy to smuggle anything into Fenway because they do search bags. But here is the concessions guide:

http://mlb.mlb.com/bos/ballpark/information/index.jsp?content=concessions

Just plan ahead what you might eat, figure it into your calories, and ENJOY (assuming they get the game in - not looking nice out there right now).
  • violabeatle
    violabeatle Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Pirates :drinker:
    They are all i have until football since my Penguins failed.
    Dont judge me!:blushing:

My boyfriend has season tickets to the Flyers and got to see the series-ending game on his birthday! No hard feelings though... the Phils aren't doing too well at the moment :/
  • _GingerSnap_
    _GingerSnap_ Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    They will search your bags at Fenway, so I wouldn't bring in food. Live a little bit, have a hot dog and beer! :drinker:
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    hotdog.....nacho....and mountain dew...i never let the diet get in the way of the ballpark experience

This. A game is supposed to be fun so be aware of but don't spend time worrying too much about what you are eating. Just my opinion.
  • michmill98
    michmill98 Posts: 83
    Options
    I agree with another poster - it's all about the experience. It's not like you go to every single game and pig out. If one meal blows your lifestyle change for you, then I feel extremely sorry for you.

We went to Fenway last year. I did the lobster roll (cause you can't get those at MinuteMaid park) and pistachios (instead of peanuts). And beer of course :)
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    I have tickets to the Red Sox game tonight and am leaving to go straight from work (I won't have time to prepare myself a meal). My goal is 1800 cals a day, and according to my input of what I'm eating today during the day I have 972 calories open for gametime eats. There is a Subway on my way, so my first thought is to pick up a sandwich to eat on the way since I obviously can't take food into Fenway. I know it's high sodium, but so is anything I would get at the game. I figure for today I won't concentrate so much on sodium, since regardless of what I do it will be sky high, and should instead focus on keeping my calories around goal. MFP, what are your thoughts?

I thought you could take food in at any of the MLB ballparks?

Here in St Louis we can bring in our own food as long as it is in a soft side cooler.
  • meechi53
    meechi53 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Wow, thanks EVERYONE for the awesome advice! I will definitely look into seeing what I can pick up on the way (there's a CVS on every corner up here) and if I can bring in my own food :)

One more detail I should add... I had a very bad weekend and put 1.5 lbs back on, so today the calories really will matter!

PS, I'm actually originally from Philly (I'm a student in the Boston area) so for those of you posting as Phillies fans they are my #1! I love Citizens Bank Park and when I was little I got to spend a game behind home plate at the Vet :D

For everyone posting as Phillies fans, YANKEES are #1 *straps on fighting gloves* lol

GO RANGERS! YU are the man! ;-D
  • sandrinamsilva
    sandrinamsilva Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    My last Giants game we tail-gated I ate and drank comfortably (about 2800 for the day) the following week I was extra careful with my workouts and calories. It's worth it to me. I say have a great time.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Wow, thanks EVERYONE for the awesome advice! I will definitely look into seeing what I can pick up on the way (there's a CVS on every corner up here) and if I can bring in my own food :)

One more detail I should add... I had a very bad weekend and put 1.5 lbs back on, so today the calories really will matter!

PS, I'm actually originally from Philly (I'm a student in the Boston area) so for those of you posting as Phillies fans they are my #1! I love Citizens Bank Park and when I was little I got to spend a game behind home plate at the Vet :D

For everyone posting as Phillies fans, YANKEES are #1 *straps on fighting gloves* lol

GO BLUEJAYS!!!!!!
  • TreyT3
    TreyT3 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    We bring in food to our ballpark here in Arlington, but there are also some healthy concession stands placed sparingly throughout the park.

Also, Go Texas Rangers!!!

And, FYI, the Rangers are the best team in all of MLB.
  • violabeatle
    violabeatle Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    A lot of people have mentioned beer and I'm going to go ahead and admit I'm under 21 :/ no drinking for me! I'm hoping it will be a lot easier to control myself but I tend to give into temptation easily...
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    Options
    We bring in food to our ballpark here in Arlington, but there are also some healthy concession stands placed sparingly throughout the park.

I beg to differ.

St Louis Cardinals are the BEST team in Baseball. And we beat your Rangers to prove it. LOL
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    Options
    I just went to Yankee Stadium on Saturday. I brought my own food in an insulated bag. My husband had garlic fries (yummmmmmy) and I had string cheese, and a clementine. I also snuck in three of his delicious fries =)

That is what we do also here in St Louis.
  • TreyT3
    TreyT3 Posts: 16 Member
    Options

I beg to differ.

St Louis Cardinals are the BEST team in Baseball. And we beat your Rangers to prove it. LOL

Ouch, low blow. I don't think I will ever get over Game 6.

But in 2012, so far, the Rangers are the best team in baseball, or at least that's what the record, and the sports writers, and well, everyone who looks objectively at the teams say. :smile:
  • markpmc
    markpmc Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    If it's a special event, make it special.

Hotdog,nachos and go for the dew....
  • katemme
    katemme Posts: 191
    Options
    Hot dog and cotton candy. Its a baseball game, duh. Enjoy yourself and take in the game, even if it is the Red Sox.
  • katemme
    katemme Posts: 191
    Options

GO BLUEJAYS!!!!!!

Ugh, the Flyers. I can't stand all things Philidelphia!!

Blue Jays and the Indians for me!
  • cfriend71
    cfriend71 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hot dog, hold the bun? Or two hot dogs, no buns?

I wouldn't go overboard but treat yourself to 1 thing :)
  • JfMarrs
    JfMarrs Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Sausage, peppers and onion sandwich and a beer or whatever drink you like. After all how often do you get to go to a ball game. Also it's going to be cold and damp tonight so the food will help you keep warm.