Doing a "blended" 30 Day Shred

Options
Hi everyone,

I just started doing the 30 Day Shred yesterday. I know it advises that you do it EVERY DAY for 30 days, but realistically I am unsure if I am going to be able to do that as I have a few weekend getaways planned (camping!) where I will not have access to a TV. I am trying to lose weight and inches, so I figured the 30 Day Shred will be good for the inches part. Currently, I plan on trying to do the 30 Day Shred at least 5 times a week, but I also want to get in cardio as well, so I plan on getting in at least 2500 calories worth of cardio (between running and elliptical trainer) and trying to eat 1700 calories a day. Has anyone else done a similar 'blended' regimen of the 30 Day Shred and cardio as well and seen good results or should I just focus on one or the other?

Replies

• VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    In my opinion it's always good to confuse the body. I'm also trying to do the 30 Day Shred 5 times a week. I'm starting day 6 today. I want to move up to level 2 already but I think I'll wait till next week.
  • Only1tracie
    Only1tracie Posts: 31
    Options
    I was only doing the 30 day shred 2-3 times per week and I was seeing huge results. I was also doing the treadmill 2-3 times per week for 30 minutes.
  • ZambiNan
    ZambiNan Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Someone posted previously that Jillian's actually said in interviews she thinks it's better not to do it every single day. That might be hear-say, not sure.. I do it 2-3 times a week and run other days, have been for a few months. My arms are happier that way! It's been quite effective for me!
  • Init_to_winit
    Init_to_winit Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I've read different forums about the 30DS and they said that a "blended" program was actually recommended. I agree with Vanessa, it's best to confuse the body. I'm trying to lose lbs. and inches as well so I'm going to blend mine too. I just started so not sure if it's the best way to go about it but it does makes sense to blend.
  • SassyJuliana
    SassyJuliana Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    It's precisely what I do: shred Mon - Fri, and run 5K daily, usually 7 days a week (I say usually, cause you know, sometimes life gets in the way! :wink: ).

Best of luck to you!
  • aprileigh27
    aprileigh27 Posts: 37
    Options
    I just started the 30 day shred on Sat. Day 4 for me. I was doing some research and jillian doesnt say you have to do it everyday. There are some people that do it mon-fri and get similar results. I combine mine with spinning. I am going to try and shoot for 6 or 7 days a week and do spinning 3 times a week on top of that!!! You should google Jillian Michaels 30 day shred results and look at peoples forums. Its crazy how much your body changes in a short amount of time but it makes sense when she explains it :)
  • adf4
    adf4 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Jillian actually says that you're supposed to do the 30 DS for 2 days, then 1 day of cardio and then another 2 days of 30 DS and then 1 day of cardio and then 1 rest day..this is the way I've done it..today is my last day!! :) I've gotten great results..not so much on weight loss, but the inches have def. came off! Good luck to you! :smile:
  • PrincessKittenpants
    Options
    I am starting on day 6 as well and have included 40 min of Cardio, more so to get faster results (prepping for vacation). My weekends are pretty crazy with a little one who doesn't really like to share the television so I didn't do the DVD at all last weekend. I started back up last night and I still felt like I didn't skip a beat! As long as you are doing something active I don't see any harm in missing a day or so! Good luck!
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
  • StephL0711
    StephL0711 Posts: 141
    Options
    cool i was just wondering this because i was getting tired of doing bfmb everyday, and i wanted to do 30ds again. ill be skipping bfbm today and doing the shred instead!
  • saracatherine89
    saracatherine89 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice, everyone!

My brother is coming home from college soon and he tends to take over our basement (where I do my DVD) so I know I'm going to have to compete with him and his buddies for TV time... so good to know I wont be violating a cardinal rule of fitness if I miss a few days :)