Dying to work out... stuck on couch :-(

Options
Let me live vicariously through you...

Whatcha doing today for fitness?

I'm stuck on the couch still after surgery on my ankle and I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to be out rollerblading, biking, or even going for a freaking walk.

Replies

• mrseelmerfudd
    mrseelmerfudd Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    ive just finished coaching dodgeball at a school and im planning on starting the couch to 5k, if i can motivate myself to get up and go. im taking up roller derby in june too, would start tomorrow if i could, but the next intake for fresh meat isnt till june :(
  • SteveTries
    SteveTries Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I'll be doing Muay Thai Boxing tonight. It's a fighters class so it will be typically brutal on conditioning and end on sparring. I'll have to overcome some reluctance to walk in (happens every week) but I'll experience euphoria when I get through it. I'll be pushing very hard so I'll be sore for a few days afterwards, particularly in the core area.
  • mindidily
    mindidily Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Did a 2.25 mile run this morning, and looking like another run this afternoon.
  • shbretired
    shbretired Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    While you're stuck on the couch, I know there are exercises you can do for the arms. Check your local listings for arm chair exercise.

I'll be doing Zumba, exercise bike, sauna and possibly swim laps.
  • dolldreams
    dolldreams Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Awww. Sorry about your ankle. I'm doing Richard Simmons' Sweatin' to the Oldies 2.

I bet you're not envious of that exercise plan!
  • jrusso28
    jrusso28 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Situps, pullups, and a host of other exercises youcould be doing.
    When one part of my body is not coopeating I have found I can focus on the other parts that are.

Dont let anything sideline you.
  • FatKidAtHeart88
    FatKidAtHeart88 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Situps, pullups, and a host of other exercises youcould be doing.
    When one part of my body is not coopeating I have found I can focus on the other parts that are.

Dont let anything sideline you.

I agree! Maybe punch in the air from the couch for some cardio :)

But I feel you on the injury. I woke up with sore knees and listened to my body yesterday and didn't workout. Last time I pushed through my sore knees I was out for a whole week :(
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I actually had some really extensive surgery, including cutting my hamstring. I'm not sure I can do much of anything, but I'm certainly going to try. Goodness knows, just crutching around seems to be hard, hard work!
  • jjelizalde
    jjelizalde Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Awww. Sorry about your ankle. I'm doing Richard Simmons' Sweatin' to the Oldies 2.

I bet you're not envious of that exercise plan!

That one is just fun, fun, fun!
  • JSheehy1965
    JSheehy1965 Posts: 404
    Options
    Did my exercise this morning - strength training...but you can live vicariously through my Couch to 5K run tomorrow morning if you're up at 6am? Hope you heal quickly - must be very frustrating for you :ohwell: