Logging & feeling bad about it

Options
Hey fellow fitness pals,

This isn't a question, more of a motivational speech. *Stands on soap box*

Have you ever ate something, logged it & then immediately felt bad? PLEASE, STOP feeling bad! My Fitness Pal is about being honest with yourself. So you ate 4 cookies? That's 560 calories? Log it. Own it. Move on.

Here's the thing... if you really want to feel bad about yourself, DON'T log it. You'll end up eating 12 cookies. Do the math...

We all have slip ups from time to time. But if you're being honest with yourself and logging correctly, you're already doing *amazing.* I feel horrible for people who are feeling bad after a couple slip ups. I just want to shake them and say "YOU'RE DOING GREAT!!!"

Want to prevent slip ups? Log your calories for the day early. Squeeze in cookies, ice cream, chocolate, whatever you need to satisfy that craving.

Have a slip up? OWN IT! Have the mentality like... Yeah, I just had 4 cookies. But I've been doing so great, that it's not a big deal. Nothing a quick work out can't fix.

But for the love of God, stop feeling bad about it! You're amazing!!

Replies

• lisalosing100
    lisalosing100 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting!! This definitely resonates with me, I've been allowing many more minor indulgences than I want to at this stage in the game, and sometimes I literally have to tell myself OUT LOUD that if I don't log those crap calories, I'm only cheating myself. I think I need to switch to logging something before I eat it. Maybe then it'll dissuade me, maybe not, but at least I'll see flat out how eating it will affect my day.

Thank you for reminding me to own it!