May Challenge- 5 plus pounds TEAM PURPLE

Options
Because group rooms are down we will communicate on a thread until further notice. GO PURPLE!!

Replies

• Satyrakk
    Satyrakk Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    What are some of your ideas for the week's challenge??
  • Cheri1218
    Cheri1218 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I've always wanted to try a spinach fruit smoothie. People on here rave about them but I've been leery. Might try one now.
  • cutethang1
    cutethang1 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    hey! I entered my weight on the main thread is that correct?

My challenge this week is to get started back at boot camp. After having a miscariage this month and becoming pregnant I have not gone in 4 months. I am terrified as I know it will feel just like the first day I ever went when I started my journey weighing 180lbs at 4'10".

That day when I got home I couldn't move for about 4 hours. I am terrified but also NEED to get back and challenge myself. I am supposed to be going back starting today. Pray for me that I follow through. For now that will be my challenge unless I come up with something else during the course of the week!
  • cutethang1
    Options
    Cheri- I haven't tried spinach with fruit smoothie- but you have given me an option for tomorrow breakfast. I have done one that had spinach, kale, carrots, tomato and avacado- I do like it- but it is an aquired taste. Let us know what you put in yours and how it was!
  • Satyrakk
    Options
    Spinach smoothy or boot camp..... I think I would take the smoothy! :)

They both sound like great goals!

I have a mountain in my home town with a very long and steep trail going to the top. I have never climbed it before, so I am planning on doing that this week!
  • Cheri1218
    Cheri1218 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Who is our team captain for Purple?
    I'm feeling a little lost. I'm sure it's because the group boards are down, but I'm not totally sure what we are supposed to be doing each day. I've checked out some of the other colored threads and they look more organized. What am I missing???
  • cutethang1
    Options
    I am a bit confused too. Mostly I just want to confirm: Is this the correct place to be engaging and is this where we enter our weigh in. I posted mine in the main board- which I am not sure is still being considered. Sorry to be a bug a boo. Just dont want to miss out thinking I havent weighed in!

Thanks!
  • Satyrakk
    Options
    Sorry I didn't make that clear. I am the team captain for purple, but will gladly give it up if someone else wants to take it on!! :happy:

It seems like I am spending a lot more time fielding questions than I thought I would and a lot less time getting to know and support my team!!

Do make sure you have friended everyone on the team, too--

They are
    platoonmom2004
    funkmeister_t
    wouga x
    cheri1218 x
    theresac928 x
    soteria
    bluejue2
    ctraill x
    rsmblue x
    cutethang1 x
    satyrakk x

The x's are for those who have already checked in on the weight board today!!
  • Wouga
    Wouga Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I'm at a loss as to what to try that I have never done before, I'm a pretty adventurous person so a lot of the "off the wall" things have at least been tried. But I'm sure I'll come up with something...if any of you feel like tossing ideas my way feel free, I'll consider just about anything!

Not sure where we are supposed to be reporting in, an I've already left this on at least 2 other threads, but just in case I'll leave it here too!

Team purple
    May 1 SW 191

May GW 183 ( I'll be happy if I manage to lose the 5lbs though...I seem to be losing inches but not really weight...not that that's a bad thing)

This week my goal is to get into the 180's! Good luck everyone, GO TEAM PURPLE!!!!
  • Funkmeister_t
    Options
    Hi Everyone!
    I have no idea what my challenge will be. Perhaps working up to 'real' pushups instead of the girlie ones ;)
    I will weigh in tomorrow, I promise! I didn't want to today because of AMAZING PMS bloating - I knew I would just be demoralized. After a day of lots of walking and lots of water, I'm willing to risk it tomorrow.

I'll be in touch then!
    GO TEAM PURPLE!!

Cheers,
    Tonya
  • Satyrakk
    Options
    I've had a little more time to think about the challenge than you.... One thing I wondered about was going to the produce isle in the grocery store and picking up a piece of fruit I have never tried--- you know, all the wierd ones they bring in from Tim-buck-too? That is my fallback if it rains the day I'm supposed to hike.
  • Satyrakk
    Options
  • rsmblue
    rsmblue Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Week 1 Challenge
    This week you are challenged to do something you have NEVER TRIED BEFORE! It has to be something GOOD FOR YOUR HEALTH! And you have to SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH YOUR GROUP!! Okay, I know this is very vague, but any example I might give you could sway how you interpret it. I want you to think about this and be creative! Teams who have every member complete this challenge will have a 1/2 pound advantage for the week.

Every Tuesday after that we will log:
    1. Team COLOR
    2. May 1 weight
    3. May 8 weight (and add a date to every week after 15, 22, 29)
    4. weight difference*
    5. Calories burned that week*
    6. If you completed the challengE
  • cutethang1
    Options
    My challenge to get back to bootcamp after 4 monts away from being pregnant is complete :-)
    I realize this was supposed to be something new, but I made this my challenge because I am very very hard on myself and although I couldn't stand how much my endurance was affected, I made the step to get back after being pregnant and having a miscariage. Thanks for the motivation from the challenge.

Go purple or go home!
  • Ddnanameek
    Ddnanameek Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Where is this "thread " everyone keeps referring to? This is all so new to me... Dede:smile:
  • Wouga
    Options
    I've had a little more time to think about the challenge than you.... One thing I wondered about was going to the produce isle in the grocery store and picking up a piece of fruit I have never tried--- you know, all the wierd ones they bring in from Tim-buck-too? That is my fallback if it rains the day I'm supposed to hike.

I (kinda) live in "Tim-buck-too" and can tell ya, most of those weird fruits are super yummy! I especially love dragon fruit, if you can find that and haven't ever tried it I highly recommend it!
  • stacyrenee29
    stacyrenee29 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    What is team purple?
  • Satyrakk
    Options
    Okay, bought Papaya. Cut it open and ate some. Pretty good, but couldn't get my 7 year old to eat any!! I know, not too big of a new thing. But at least if something happens I can still count it!
  • Wouga
    Options
    I love papaya! The seeds creep my husband out though...he's all but banned me from buying whole ones. Lol.
  • Satyrakk
    Options
    They are pretty ugly! I was really surprized when I cut that sucker open! Where do you live where you have tropical fruit!