25 random facts about you

Options

Replies

• apgant
    apgant Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    1. My favorite color is purple
    2. I have naturally curly hair....ugghhh!
    3. I have the 3 most beautiful children in the world :)
    4. I love, love, love 80's music
    5. I would love to have a total body makeover
    6. I have always wanted to learn how to do the tango, salsa, etc.
    7. I would love to go on a cruise
    8. I wish I could go back and "redo" in life
    9. I wish my life had an "easy" button
    10.I love chocolate
    11. I must fold my towels a certain way
    12. The number 12 is my favorite number
    13. I'm a little OCD.....I'll admit it :)
    14. Grasshoppers scare me
    15. I wish I was slightly shorter...I'm 5'7"
    16. I have a Shih-Tzu named Bella that is considered my 4th child
    17. I love Mexican food
    18. My favorite mixed drink is a Pina Colada
    19. I want to lose 30 more pounds
    20. I have a baby, husband, father, and grandparents in heaven waiting on me
    21. I hate to have my picture taken
    22. It bothers me when people take my toilet paper off the stand and not put it back!
    23. I love Bath and Body Works!
    24. I have green eyes
    25. I love my Chrylser 300
  • jankleberry
    jankleberry Posts: 508
    Options
    1. I have a two year old daughter
    2. I am engaged to the same boy I was with at the age of 13 but there was a gap in between
    3. I have lived in Scotland all my life and although I complain I do love it
    4. I have 8 tattoos and loads more planned
    5. I am quite lazy and procrastonate every single day
    6. I am very shy and find it hard to hold conversations with people I don't know well
    7. I am hoping for a breast reduction this year or next
    8. I hate talking on the phone
    9. I love Avenged Sevenfold
    10. I am a "juggalette" at heart although I tend not to use that term these days
    11. I am a smoker and I'd love to quit but for the wrong reason.. money.
    12. My mum is starting to have a lot of health problems and it scares me to death
    13. I'm scared to show my dad and step dad my most recent tattoo but it is right on my arm so will have to
    14. I love horses and horse riding but am embarrased to start up again incase I'm too fat now
    15. I hated my body when I was 3 stone lighter and now I feel terrible about it
    16. I love drinking but hate hangovers. I do it anyway
    17. I hate drugs. For a few reasons
    19. I have 6 piercings and trying to hold off getting any more
    20. I think I would be upset if my daughter got to many tattoos when she is older although I do it
    21. My house always looks a mess and I hate it
    22. I have a huge crush on a guy I met recently but I do love my fiance :)
    23. One of my good friends has had a terrible year or so and I worry about her every day
    24. I dont have a lot of friends. Maybe 3 proper ones...
    25. I feel my lack of confidence holds me back a lot
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • mariamarchita
    mariamarchita Posts: 131
    Options
    Here goes:

1) I'm a TV junkie, especially with the shows Friends and Big Bang Theory

2) I speak Spanish fairly well

3) I got married and had my first child when I was 17

4) I'm OBSESSED with The Smiths/Morrissey

5) I'm an Irish-American Catholic

6) I have an awesome architecture/interior design blog at http://f*ckyeahawesomehouses.tumblr.com (replace the * with the letter u)

7) I still have my Christmas tree up. Hey it's a pain in the butt to take down and it's pretty anyway!

8) I'm bisexual and if only my best friend wasn't straight, I'd steal her away from her horrible jerky husband

9) I have OCD, anxiety disorder, borderline personality disorder and major depression

10) Awhile back I had a pretty nasty little heroin habit

11) I want to be a nurse someday; I've always been fascinated by medicine/nursing

12) My younger brother (who lived with me and was my absolute best friend) died suddenly of pneumonia a year ago. We'd already lost our mom, who we were very close to, suddenly in 2007 when she was only 52 years old.

13) I'm a smoker and I'm not trying to quit right now

14) I like staying up all night to have alone/quiet time

15) Peppermint is the only minty flavor I like - spearmint, wintergreen, etc = blech!

16) I could marry a tall icy glass of coca cola. The stuff is like oxygen to me.

17) I could also marry pecan pie with vanilla ice cream on top

18) The house I live in was conceptualized/built by my grandparents 60+ years ago

19) I married a guy I met online who moved 1300 miles to marry me (my 2nd marriage). That marriage didn't end well.

20) I tend to sleep not at all or in 16-18 hour binges.

21) Crackle Barrel is my favorite restaurant. I always get the chicken & dumplings.

22) I have 2 dogs who are like children to me. Michael (my son's puppy he got for Christmas) is a black Catahuala and Cookie is my White German Shepherd.

23) I think *good* pop music died sometime in the 90's. I think 95% of today's "music" is crap.

24) I'm lucky enough to have the St Louis Cardinals repping my city!

25) My ipod touch may as well be glued to my chubby little hands :)
  • sel254
    sel254 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Here we go....

1) My first boyfriend was my soulmate. We were together 10 years, married for 6 weeks, and then he passed away and our premature baby girl joined him 4 months later

2) I've been single for 6 and a half years. No other man has ever managed to keep my attention or earn my love and respect

3) I'm a Construction Manager - I get paid good money to boss men about all day and I absolutely love it

4) I studied Law at Oxford University

5) I was brought up in the Middle East

6) I lived in New York for 2 years when I was 19

7) I've travelled a LOT - 62 countries and counting

8) I have OCD about cleaning my house but my car looks like a bomb's hit it

9) I hate moving house more than anything. I bought big, even though I'm alone, in the hope that I'll never have to move again lol

10) I bought my house outright when I was 24

11) All volumes on the radio or TV must be on even numbers

12) I hate it when people say: "life's too short" - life's the longest damn thing you'll ever do!!!

13) I have a very twisted and sarcastic sense of humour

14) I love American, Welsh and South African accents

15) I'm allergic to strawberries but I absolutely love them anyway - just need to keep an inhaler close to hand

16) No matter how hard I try or how late I sleep, I can never sleep past 7am at the weekend

17) I was in the Army reserves for 4 years and did 3 tours of Afghan

18) I have 7 tattoos and they all mean something very special to me. I have lots more planned

19) My grandad was my best friend. Life will never be the same. Every accomplishment is bittersweet with him not here to see it

20) I'd really love to learn ballroom dancing

21) I was a national swimmer in the Middle East and champion for inter school under 16's for 3 years running

22) I get really de-motivated when I see the weight coming off everywhere except where I WANT it to come off!

23) I'm addicted to MFP - I haven't logged into Facebook for months!

24) Arrogance and stupidity irritate me

25) I'm not afraid of death
  • angellmoore
    angellmoore Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    1. I have lived in Michigan my whole life, but I despise the cold and snow.

2. I am a Respiratory Therapist, but sputum makes me sick.

3. I love all kinds of music.

4. If I hear a Sublime song I am instantly in a good mood.

5. I have no tolerance for whining.

6. I hate it when people say "I don't have time to work out" If I can find the time so can you.

7. I am obsessed with nail polish.

8. My guilty pleasure is playing Black Ops Zombies with my husband. I am not a gamer though. That is the only one I play.

9. I love flip flops and wish I could wear them at work.

10. I love hockey and football.

11. I met Justin Abdelkader, Patrick Eaves and Jimmy Howard at the Red Wings Training Camp.

12. My grandma is from France. Her side of the family is still over there. I get to chat with them on Facebook.

13. I love to drive fast!

14. I have been to Florida twice in the last 5 months. I would love to move there.

15. I met my husband when I was 17. We have been together ever since.

16. We have one daughter.

17. I could spend every free minute on the water.

18. My dad died in a car accident when I was 14.

19. I have been told I was a control freak. :)

20. I have never been comfortable in my own skin.

21. I think the world is to P.C.

22. If I could go back to school I would be a Physicians Assistant. But only if I could work in ER. (Dr. offices bore me.)

23. I love to read.

24. I could never be a stay at home mom. I would get bored.

25. I love very HOT weather.
  • Crystalchaos72
    Options
    1. I love socks, can never have enough, except during flip flop season
    2.I love the beach
    3.I love camping and hiking but HATE BUGS (ironic huh?)
    4. I have two cats sasha + Bella
    5.I love to dance
    6.I shaved my head once, just so I could say "I've done that".....very liberating
    7.I have lived in vermont,Florida,Mississippi,Alaska,Massachusetts and California
    8.I am intolerant of laziness
    9. My face is super expressive......it is ridiculous
    10.I like to sing kareoke
    11. I was married
    12. I love being single
    13. I want to travel A LOT
    14.I have found a love of dresses
    15. I was in the military
    16. I don't want kids, but I love them
    17. My last relationship was 12 years ago
    18. I can do car repairs as long as it doesn't involve the engine or bodywork
    19.I love mfp
    20.I love James patterson books, I am going to read all of them one day, I have 65 to go, at this point, he keeps on writing them so it may be 100 (I have a list)
    21. I want a maid because I hate to clean
    22.I work third shift
    23. Resees peanut butter cups or eggs are my favorite chocolat/candy type thing
    24. I love my new to me weight bench:)
    25. I am a control freak (when it comes to work)
  • cdpm
    cdpm Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    1. I was born and raised in the East End of London
    2. I went to a fee paying "posh" school...
    3. ... You'd never know it if you met me.
    4. I love my music - heavy and power metal fan as well as chart tunes
    5. I am a very determined person
    6. I left my last job as I was undervalued
    7. When inside my flat - I always wear slippers. I don't like feet
    8. I love pizza even though it doesn't agree with my stomach
    9. I have been with my boyfriend for 4 and half years and I've loved every second of it
    10. I always have a secret stash of something sweet. For emergencies.
    11. I spent a month travelling around Peru, but didn't go to Machu Picchu
    12. I have never broken a bone in my body..... yet!
    13. If my boyfriend wasn't allergic, I would buy a kitten today.
    14. I love travelling, being on a boat, plane, train going anywhere - I love it!
    15. Creative writing is a secret passion of mine
    16. I miss all my friends that I no longer live near
    17. You won't catch me using an iPhone ever. I don't like Apple
    18. I treat others in a way in which I would like to be treated.
    19. To date, I have no known allergies
    20. I am half Irish
    21. I would love to be a personal trainer... or a rockstar!
    22. Sometimes I just can't be bothered
    23. My favourite motivational quote is 'You can't eat an elephant whole'
    24. I don't know a thing about my paternal grandfather
    25. If I won big time on the lottery, like the euro millions, I would pay for Tony Horton to give a private session to my brother, mum and me.
  • zoodalia
    zoodalia Posts: 294
    Options
    1. Like most, I am self-indulgent enough to like an opportunity to tell strangers 25 random facts about myself, regardless of whether they are interested or not.
    2. I have a degree in Linguistics.
    3. I have a Masters in Speech and Language Therapy.
    4. I am now a Speech and Language Therapist (or Pathologist for all you Americans and Aussies)
    5. I used to live in America (Durango and Vermont) and travelled all over the South and South West of The States in a Dodge van.
    6. My boyfriend and I are on a break, he doesn't like my insecurities, and I don't like his lies.
    7. I am part French, part Scottish and reside in good old England.
    8. My middle name is Marianne.
    9. I have a sister who is the complete opposite of me (tall, skinny, blonde, blue eyes, fair-skinned).
    10. I met my ex-boyfriend on the internet and he flew from Queensland to London to meet me for the first time on my birthday.
    11. I am passionate about helping people most misunderstood and pushed to one side by society (vulnerable adults, people with learning difficulties).
    12. I have a fear of dry hands touching most materials e.g. clothing (actually just gave myself goosebumps writing this).
    13. Linking to number 12, I carry hand cream wherever I go and if I forget it I constantly lick my fingers to stop them feeling dry (absolutely grim, I know).
    14. I find it deeply concerning that so many young women these days are intent on renouncing all ability to use grammar and spelling appropriately in order to be 'cute' and 'non-threatening' instead of feisty, intelligent and successful. For example, I die a little more inside each time I hear 'I'm super excite' or 'oh my God, I'm well jel'.
    15. I try not to judge other people (except if you fall into the above category, then consider yourself judged).
    16. I live in flip-flops and like to consider myself 'boho chic' but in reality I expect it comes across as 'left the house in a rush again'.
    17. My most over-used phrase is 'but it's the principle'... my family remind me of this most days.
    18. My parents are Psychologists and my dad has published two books.
    19. I'm usually described as 'funny', 'hot-headed' and 'posh'.
    20. I am horrendously broody, but have little interest in marriage (divorced parents equates to child with wedding issues).
    21. I spend more money than I have.
    22. I am very tidy.
    23. I procrastinate e.g. writing 25 facts about myself when I should be working.
    24. All I ever wanted was love and romance, I still hope one day I'll meet someone with the same ideals.
    25. I am most irritated by people with no manners - if you're one of those people who tail-gates or doesn't thank people for holding a door for you, I'm judging you too!
  • SerahLaffere
    SerahLaffere Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    1. I sing
    2. I have the worst sleeping pattern!
    3. I've been trying to lose weight for the last 8 months!
    4. I wanna lose 48lbs before my 21st (In 6 months)
    5. I get anxiety attacks since I gained weight!
    6.I play guitar :)
    7.I LOVE DOCTOR WHO!
    8.I love anything sci-fi supernatural really.
    9. I spent most of my time on the xbox360
    10.I love anime
    11.In a 8 month relationship :)
    12. I always need support due to me being so insecure and having so LITTLE motivation
    13. I'M CRAVING NOODLES AS I WRITE THIS. ahaha :p
    14. I enjoy dancing
    15.I dropped outta school due to bullying
    16.I want to wear pretty clothes.
    17.I have a hamster called Ruby (Named after the blonde demon from Supernatural)
    18.Resident Evil Fan (Not to gone on the operation raccoon city though)
    19.I weigh myself to much.
    20. Reading this I can see how obsessed with my weight I am. I don't have much else in my life apart from worrying about it.
    21.I hate showers, I prefer baths! :D
    22.I love Pokemon. (still a big kid)
    23.I barely leave the house.
    24. Looking forward to meeting more people on MFP :) (Im a newbie)

25. ADD ME GUYZ. :)
  • STLaferty
    STLaferty Posts: 38
    Options
    1. I get really annoyed when people tell me I am becoming "obsessed" with working out, but I suspect they are right.
    2. I am 100% OK with getting obsessed with working out!
    3. I never get lonely. Never have. Would rather be alone than be around people I can't be myself with.
    4. My degree is in Early Childhood Development, and I am passionate about that work. However,
    sometimes I miss the days of working as a waitress or a retail manager. it was fun and we laughed a lot at work!
    5.Sometimes I write short stories of what my life would be like if I had taken different paths early on.
    6. I have been working on a novel for two years now.
    7. I may never finish it- who knows? But I enjoy working on it!
    8. I have four kids, ages 13 to 25, and a Grand Baby on the way.
    9. I would gladly relive each pregnancy and every second of child rearing over again.
    10. Writing that made me tear up.
    I thing ten things about myself is enough.
  • mandi2r
    mandi2r Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    1. I love working in customer service and hate it all the same.

2. I haven't looked in the mirror and been able to smile back at what I see in way to many years.

3. When I'm home, I can usually be found in my pjs.

4. When I sleep, I need to be naked and one light sheet on me. No pjs and no heavy blankets.

5. I hate large crowds. You will never see me at a midnight opening for a big movie.

6. I want to get back into running.

7. I have and had only one real friend since highschool, and she lives 30+ minutes from my house.

8. I want to dump my father out of my life for good but don't because it chances me losing my babysitter for my son.
    (My father doesn't show love for me like he does for my 2 sisters because I remind him too much of my mother who he divorced, and my babysitter is my grandmother who would never disagree with her one and only son.)

9. Sometimes I missed my sleep habits before I got pregnant, even as unhealthy they were. 2 hours sleep, up to 48 hours run timewith work, games. 2 hours sleep. 48 hours run time. and so on.

10. I watch the reruns of 'full house' all most every morning before I get out of bed.

11. I might be one of the easiest people to get a gift for; I'll try to find a way for anything given to me, no matter how small or big. But I hate getting them because I don't expect them. I like and prefer the time spent with the person instead.

12. I can't sit still. And I can't seem to sit up straight on the couch. I prefer laying down.

13. I hate my in-laws to be always bugging in our lives.

14. I love southwestern style foods.

15. Even though I am with somebody, I wish I'd get hit on at least once. Last person to flirt with me is my fiance, oh, and the old pedifile that comes into my work once in a while. And yes, his picture and everything is at the local police station. Very creepy and sad that is the only person that is willing to give me a second glance :(

16. I would love to but don't wear my ring to work for fear of losing it again. Yeah, lost it once and it was a horrible feeling.

17. Sometimes wish my life went in a different direction. Only reason I wish not is for my son.

18. Want better income but with less work.

19. I love fall. Having a fall wedding. Wish fall was year round.

20. Hate summer. hate seeing everyone else coming and going with short shorts and skirts. Barely wearing tank tops.

21. I wear long pants/jeans year round. Havent wore shorts since I was 10.

22. I hate winter. Hate wearing heavier clothing making me feel heavier and bulkier.

23. I have 2 kids. I had my first kid with an ex-, and he set me in a bad emotional state and he didn't want the kid so gave him away to my aunt who couldn't have a second kid. Makes me feel horrible to this day.

24. Told my in-laws to be about my 1st son, and my father in-law to be looked at 'his' grandson (my 2nd kid) and more or less accused me of cheating on my fiance (his son). I haven't talked to them since (been about a month).

25. Wish I had my 1st son with me today...
  • MooMooooo
    MooMooooo Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    1. I am on my 2nd marriage - my husband is literally the only guy I dated after I separated from my first husband.

2. I was 40kgs from the age of 15 - 23 and then again for the 6 months I was single at age 25. Living with someone makes me gain weight.

3. My father was a diagnosed psychopath who was in and out of prison his whole life.

4. I worked as a stripper for over 5 years. (I loved it although I am shy and have stage fright, go figure?)

5. Trying heroin is on my bucket list, but I'm in no hurry.

6. I run my own bookclub.

7. I have no children and I'm grateful everyday that I have no kids.

8. My husband would love for us to be in the lifestyle but I just can't. But I would do it to please him if I could.

9. I don't have a best girlfriend which I am really sad about, my former best friend of 10 years dumped me for no reason in Feb last year.

10. I don't have an addictive personality, which is lucky since there are a lot of alcoholics in my family.

11. I moved out of home while I was still in high school, I was 17.

12. I have travelled around the world extensively, including Japan, Thailand, New Zealand, Europe and 4 trips to America, and another USA trip already booked for next year.

13. I LOVE facebook and hate people who criticise it or criticise people who use it.

14. I love my husband and am terrified that he will die and leave me alone - he is 18 years my senior.

15. No one in my life knows I used to be a stripper except my husband and former stripper workmates.

16. I am writing a book, I write 1000 words a day, I plan to self publish online once its finished.

17. I recently submitted an article to Cracked about stripping, they liked it and asked me to do more research and cite research papers but I haven't bothered so far - it's $50 if they publish it.

18. The Passion of the Christ made me cry more than any other movie I've ever seen in my life, I was so upset I got drunk after watching it.

19. My mother is a psychologist and is great at her job but she was a terrible mother and I really do kind of hate her.

20. I am passionate and loving and I'm comfortable with hate, I once told a therapist that I sometimes hate my husband and his eyes nearly popped out of his head - I had to explain that marriage is all things. I don't get why people aren't comfortable with hate?

21. I have trained with Richard Simmons.

22. I once met the band Slayer - they said I was hot :D

23. I have been married in Vegas twice - once was a renewal in the drive thru.

24. I have suffered legal abuse syndrome - it was really terrible.

25. I have also had PTSD which was very tough to live through.
  • dellrio
    dellrio Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    1. I was driving a school bus full of river tubes when it blew up.

2. I lived in Spain for two amazing summers

3. I have lived in cities my whole life, but want to be a self sufficient farmer

4. My lifelong dream has been to live in Alaska

5. I used to own a bar when I was 18 years old.

6. I have been a snowboarder since 1993 when I was 10 years old

7. In the winter I am a snowboard instructor on the weekends

8. At one point I worked in a recycling plant with tons of ex-convicts

9. I prefer riding my motorcycle to driving my car - but both vehicles get over 50 MPG

10. I am 29 years old and still like to go to "Raves" and dance all night long (13 years of this madness)

11. I organized a snowboarding event on a busy street in Downtown Des Moines, shut the road down, brought in dump trucks of snow, and had ramps and rails - all because my (now ex) girlfriend told me it could not be done.

12. My home computer is a 12 year old laptop that is to slow to play youtube videos.

13. I do not have a television

14. I have not eaten meat for 5 years, but 6 years ago I finished a 32oz steak in one sitting.

15. I used to have a 300 gallon saltwater aquarium that had 2 tanks together one on my main floor and another in my basement.

16. When i get uncomfortable my face turns bright red - nearly purple.

17. I like to go rock climbing

18. I still like the same music I listened to in Middle/High School, NOFX, Dead Kennedys, TSOL

19. I make all my food from scratch - and i mean all! If I want bread, I make a loaf, tortillas, I make them, pasta sauce - grow/buy a bunch of tomatoes, black bean burger patties - from scratch...

20. My favorite pizza is homemade sauerkraut pizza

21. I rarely get mad about anything

22. I have 3 college degrees

23. I hate the fact that I live in Iowa, but my town home complex is literally in the middle of a cornfield on the edge of the city of Des Moines

24. I actually think Iowa is an awesome place to live except that it does not have mountains

25. I am almost always interested in trying new things.
  • mariamarchita
    mariamarchita Posts: 131
    Options
    21. I love punk music like The Sex Pistols and alternative 80s like The Smiths and The Jam.

Hello, new BFF! :drinker:
  • mccarol1956
    mccarol1956 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Not sure why but this looks like fun, so I will git it a go.

1. I am an ICU Nurse

2. I volunteer at a Marine Mammal Center caring for sick and stranded Harbor Seals, Elephant Seals, California Sea Lions, Stellar Sea Lions, Guadalupe Fur Seals and Northern Fur Seals. We have one of our success stories in the San Francisco Zoo, and another one is going to the Navy this week.

3. I love hiking and walking, and walk at least 20 - 30 miles a week.

4. I live in Oregon on the Pacific Coast!

5. I have both a son and a nephew in Fort Rucker, Alabama going through Blackhawk School. Both a week apart in classes! There is an 8 year difference in their ages with my son being 35 and the eldest of the two.

6. I have traveled to all 50 states.

7. I have lived in Hawaii, California, Montana, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, South Carolina, New Jersey, Texas, Nevada, Vermont, Oregon, and Alaska.

8. I sucked at parenthood.

9. My sister is my best friend in the world.

10. I am terrified of heights, insects, and walking/hiking trails alone.

11. I suffered with anorexia as a young adult until I was hospitalized and "learned" bulemia. After 4 years I beat the bulemia but changed to overeating, another eating disorder.

12. I was a vegetarian for many years, still would be except I met my husband and he is a meat eater. After several years I started eating meat again. I have always regretted it.

13. I hate my job, it is no longer about patient care! It is about scores, and numbers, and dollars.

14. I am a DNR, meaning if I drop over in front of you I do not want CPR nor do I want anyone intubating me (sticking a breathing tube down my throat and hooking me to a machine to breath for me)

15. I am doing the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer in less than a month and a half. It is a 26.3 mile walk on saturday and a 13 mile walk on Sunday.

16. I am rather stupid and prone to rushing into doing things without thinking them through, a prime example is my Avon walk, there were tons of places I could have done it but no, I signed up for Keystone, Colorado. The elevation in that area is around 9,000 feet. I live at 200 feet elevation. Not good at all.

17. It is 2 am and I have to get up at 7 am for a nice long hike on the Oregon Coastal Trail.

18. I love my husband.

19. I love my dog.

20. I fell asleep on the couch while doing this. and it is now 0725 am, I slept sitting up on the couch with my laptop on and in my lap.

21. I was born in Hawaii.

22. I suffer from seasonal affective disorder. Not a good thing when you live in a place that is cloudy or foggy about 3/4th of the year.

23. As a young girl I learned to walk in a pair of shoes that were screwed to a board that was meant to correct my hips and in-turned legs, I wore corrective shoes most of my life untill I was over 17. I am still very pidgeon toed and have hip problems.

24. When I make up my mind to do something, I do it, no matter what.

25. I am glad I made it through doing this!
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Let's give this a try!

1) I was born and raised in Scotland but have now lived more than half my life in other countries.

2) I studied Modern Dutch Studies at the University of Hull and have a BA (hons)

3) I used to live in the Netherlands - I speak Dutch to mother-tongue standard with a Rotterdam accent

4) I also speak fluent German and Swedish, so I can read/understand Norwegian & Danish too. I also have basic French, Spanish, Italian and am self-taught in all languages apart from French & German which I learnt at school. I also did Russian at School, but have forgotten so much now :ohwell:

5) I would love to be able to speak Icelandic and Turkish

6) I have visited 12 European countries and the US (where I've visited 7 states + DC)

7) I have been online since before the WWW was invented.

8) I met my husband online; we got married 4 yrs to the day we first met in real life.

9) We hired an old-fashioned Routemaster London Bus as our wedding transport to get us and our guests to/from the register office.

10) I have two tattoos on my upper, left arm - one of which I designed myself. I would love to have more, but haven't found the right design.

11) I suffer from tinnitus and have done for as long as I can remember, although I only realised that I did about 10 years ago.

12) Despite my tinnitus, I have perfect pitch hearing, yet I cannot play any music instruments - I only discovered this when doing a lab test using phonics and pitch-forks at college.

13) I am an ardent, died-in-the-wool ABBA fan and have them to thank for my linguistic ability.

14) I am also an aficionado of the Eurovision Song Contest and have practically every single entry that ever participated; I have also attended the contest twice.

15) Over 50% of my music collection is sung in a language other than English.

16) I have 500+ CDs and way too many DVDs - have loads I've never watched yet!

17) We have just adopted two dogs: a west highland terrier and a schnauzer.

18) In a previous life I used to have a dog and six cats!!!

I can't think of anything more :ohwell:
  • ash12783
    ash12783 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    1. I work at a bank
    2. I'm a photographer
    3. I'm a professional make-up artist
    4. I love anything that allows me to be creative (see previous 2 lol)
    5. I love thrifting
    6. My FAVORITE smell in the world is that cold steam that comes from the freezer when it's hot in the kitchen and you open the freezer.
    7. I have 3 cats and 2 dogs (mama cat, daddy cat, and Nanas (bc he goes bananas sometimes lol) and Ollie and Riley (weenie dogs)
    8. I LOVEEEE Hello Kitty (more than an adult should lol)
    9. I love Dia de los Muertos/ Day of the Dead/ Sugar Skull stuff
    10. My favorite current TV shows are: The Vampire Diaries & Once Upon a Time
    11. I like to draw and paint
    12. I write poetry
    13. I love sparkly things- the more bling the better :)
    14. I pierced my own nose
    15. I met Jesse James in Austin at a bar (nice guy)
    16. I like roller derby (and would love to play when I drop some weight)
    17. My favorite show not currently on air (other than reruns) is FRIENDS
    18. I do nail art and have a YouTube Channel
    19. I play WOW (world of warcraft) actually haven't been on in a WHILE though
    20. I like vintage board games
    21. I'm a natural blonde
    22. I love the rockabilly style but haven't had the guts to work it myself yet
    23. sitting in the backseat of the car usually makes me carsick
    24. I have 5 tattoos
    25. my 2 favorite perfumes are Couture, Couture by Juicy Couture and Be Delicious by DKNY
  • ninaquelinda
    ninaquelinda Posts: 136
    Options
    1. I spend too much time online
    2. I hate exercise with a passion. I loathe it with every fibre of my being.
    3. I think 25 is too many facts.
    4. I have a short attention span.

I agree with 1,3 & 4 :smile:
  • 115perfection
    115perfection Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    1. I like my cat a little too much. I talk to her. She is human in my eyes.
    2. I get bored with my hair but only colour it brown to blonde and blonde to brown and brown to blonde and so on.
    3. I'm lazy as F and I'm impressed that I've actually decided to stick to losing weight this time!
    4. I want to be a cat but I don't think I'd like cat food.
    5. I've got booty
    6. I think I'm funny and I laugh at my own jokes... when I'm alone.
    7. I pretend to be tough and sassy but I'm really not.
    8. I wish I had green eyes.
    9. I want a sick tatty
    10. I also want a lip ring but if I got either of these things I'd be kicked out (moms not a fan)
    11. I'm Canadian
    12. Sadly, I do not have a pet moose or live in an igloo :(
    13. I'm out of shape but NAT FO LONG
    14. I spend more time on MFP than I do actually working out and trying to lose weight... meh.
    15. I get lonely easily
    16. I play hockey
    17. I could nom on peanut butter for hours
    18. I hate Blackberrys (phones not fruit)
    19. My cats name is Phoebe.
    20. I don't know where Phoebe went
    21. I also don't know 25 things about myself
    22. I giggle at the word weiner
    23. I want to be a Nutritionalist someday in the near future
    24. No seriously wheres Phoebe
    25. I looove clothes but I won't let myself buy any til I lose the weight so my wardrobe looks like that of a homeless man