May Challenge - 5 lbs Team pink

Options
May Challenge Team Pink Temp Log In

Until the group thread gets up you can post stuff here. Its for chatting, venting, giving ideas and looking for support. Hope everyone will feel free to introduce yourself as much as you feel comfortable. Once the group one is working we will use that instead of this.

As a reminder this is what our challenge host has had to say.

Looking for a few women with similar goals- eating healthy and exercise. We would start on May 1 with a weigh in and then log both the calories we consume and the calories we burn daily. And then weigh in each week. I think this could help us (*me*) be more accountable. If you are interested please leave a quick note by April 28 (after that the group will be closed). I will divide the group into teams of 5 or so to increase each other's support (kind of like Biggest Loser style) and the groups can work together for additional support for their members. Also please note if you would be willing/able to be a team captain. Please only sign up if you are truly committed to sticking with it for a month. Thanks!

MAY CHALLENGE SPECIFICS

The goal of the month is to lose 5 pounds (or more) while staying accountable with our intake and calories spent throughout the month.

On the first, and then every Tuesday following, we will weigh and report to the group page (or original thread if group page not working).

On this page we will put on May 1:

1. Team COLOR
2. Current weight
3. Month's weight goal

There will also be available a "challenge" for the teams. By completing the challenge, each team will be able to earn bonus for weight loss or calories for the week.

During the week, team members should be in contact with other team members for encouragement and support. (Remember there are some people who value being anonymous, so if someone on your team is sticking just to weight loss/exercise and not sharing their life history, that is okay). Try to send encouragement to each team member as often as possible.
Every Tuesday after that we will log:

1. Team COLOR
2. May 1 weight
3. May 8 weight (and add a date to every week after 15, 22, 29)
4. weight difference*
5. Calories burned that week*
6. If you completed the challengE

Look for the challenge for the next week as you report!

Our wonderful stats/math people (thank you) will then take the information provided on the * spots and come up with team averages. Wednesday morning we will post the top five teams in each category with their numbers. We will post after the first week the winners for the week and the winners for the month totals... so every week your team has a new start!
(Team leads please let me know if there are any people on your team who are not participating so we will not average them into the statistics.)

Please note-

Calories burned should be only reported if it is actually caused by effort, sleeping with a heart rate monitor on and logging the time DOES NOT COUNT! If you have questions over what counts as calories, please discuss it with your team members. I trust you can work together to be honest in your reporting.

Second, remember we are in this for the long haul. Please be healthy. Eat at least 1200 calories and do not do any type of exercise that your doctor would not approve of.

Third, if you do not report, for whatever reason, you are out of the challenge. If you know you will be away from the computer all day on Tuesday, report on Monday.

I hope this is clear enough. We will see if the group sites are up (hopefully) for weigh in on Tuesday. If not, please put your info on the original thread.

Good luck to all! FIVE POUNDS FOREVER!!!

Replies

• Justacoffeenut
    Justacoffeenut Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    DEVLe wrote 17 hours ago:
    So tomorrow is weigh in. I admit I am not very comfortable with my weight so if you rather not everyone know I don't mind if you message Satyrakk directly. But you need to let her know so that you stay part of the challenge. I will likely post any weight loss or heaven forbid gain as just the loss of so much or a gain of so much.
    ~~~~
    DEVLe wrote 16 hours ago:
    From our host: I have received some concernes about posting weight. If you would rather not post your full weight---

Just put the last number of your weight. ie if you weigh 1036 or 106 pounds, just put a 6. The month goal is 5 pounds, so the end you would have a 1. If you do more than 10 then just make a note when you post each week.

Thanks!

I'll also post this on the thread!
    ~~~~~~
    crash_clu wrote 16 hours ago:
    Team Pink
    May 1: 79 kgs (173.8 lbs)
    Month goal: 76 kgs (167.2 lbs)
    ~~~~~~
    DEVLe wrote 14 hours ago:
    From our host. Week 1 Challenge
    This week you are challenged to do something you have NEVER TRIED BEFORE!

It has to be something GOOD FOR YOUR HEALTH!

And you have to SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH YOUR GROUP!!

Okay, I know this is very vague, but any example I might give you could sway how you interpret it. I want you to think about this and be creative! Teams who have every member complete this challenge will have a 1/2 pound advantage for the week.
    Have a great adventure! And don't forget to weigh in!!!!
    ~~~~~
    luvmycoffee wrote 3 hours ago:
    Team Pink
    May 1: 152
    May 31st goal: 146
    ~~~~~~~
    ahulse23 wrote 3 hours ago:
    Team Pink
    May 1: 224
    May 31st goal: 219
    ~~~~~~
    tinkteri wrote 3 hours ago:
    Team Pink

May 1: 161.2
    Goal May 31: 156
    This week I will Try a Jillian Michael DVD. The one I borrowed from the Library is the AB one so I will begin it tonight for my Challenge.

Thank you DEVLe for being our Pink Leader.

Teri
    ~~~~~~
  • LAS_1980
    LAS_1980 Posts: 156
    Options
    Team Pink
    May 1st 4
    May 31st goal: 9 (hopefully more!!)
  • Justacoffeenut
    Options
    As you can tell from above I transfered everything for the blog to here.

So anyone have any idea for this weeks challenge?

I am trying to up my Extra movements. Things we go out of our way to do. Take the cart back into the store instead of the cart return. Park a bit father out (as long as safe) at the shops. Instead of loading up to take things in the house make more trips. Same apply when putting things away at home. Or forgetting something on purpose at one end of the store so have to walk all the way back to get it after been all through the store.

Also maybe eat more veg and bake more foods instead of frying.

Plus try to work out at least 10 min extra each day.

Those are some of my ideas
  • sharon1111
    sharon1111 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    1. Team Pink
    2. Current weight is 137.5
    3. Month's weight goal 130.00
  • sharon1111
    sharon1111 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    1. Team Pink
    2. May 1st Current weight is 137.5
    3. Month's weight goal 130.00
  • jipsybird
    jipsybird Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    1. Team Pink
    2. May 1st weight - 149.6
    3. Month's weight goal - 144.6
  • jipsybird
    Options
    Hmmm... for the challenge this week it's supposed to be something we have never tried before... Perhaps we each pick an exercise that has always made us balk and have never done (perhaps something like burpees), or a new veggie to cook (for me I have never done artichokes).
  • Justacoffeenut
    Options
    Hmmm... for the challenge this week it's supposed to be something we have never tried before... Perhaps we each pick an exercise that has always made us balk and have never done (perhaps something like burpees), or a new veggie to cook (for me I have never done artichokes).

Hey there thought I lost you, don't need to that.

I am the adventurous type so Ive tried about all veg and such I can get my hands on. Just don't eat a whole lot of them. Burpees :laugh: you ever tried those. OMG. I have a bum leg right now so those are out for me as well. But good idea's.

I think we are each individually to do something new for us. So go for it.

I think we should each pick out what we are going to do and let the team know. This way they can encourage us to do it and maybe even give idea's on how to. Such as a new food or such maybe give recipes if they know any good ones.

After all I think the goal is to make this change a part of our life.

Hope all a great week. Lets be each other's cheerleader and help each other through not only this week but the month.

Oh FYI i keep checking the group thread set up by our host and it STILL is down. I will let you all know when it is up and running.
  • LovelyNFit
    LovelyNFit Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Team pink
    Sw: 135
    Gw:130
  • luvmycoffee
    luvmycoffee Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hi Team Pink!

For the challenge this week I am going to go to a Zumba class at the gym. I have never taken a class because I feel intimidated & clumsy!

So I am going to break out of my comfort zone & attend the class. Wish me luck! :wink:
  • Justacoffeenut
    Options
    Hi Team Pink!

For the challenge this week I am going to go to a Zumba class at the gym. I have never taken a class because I feel intimidated & clumsy!

So I am going to break out of my comfort zone & attend the class. Wish me luck! :wink:

Go for luvmycoffee. I always wanted to but believe it or not NO Zumba class around where I live. So trying to get the Wii Zumba.
    Still Loving your name on here. Im setting here checking the boards drinking my coffee now. Wish I could get my coffe on the photo but they don't sell it here and can't get it mailed to me either. :sad:
  • Justacoffeenut
    Options
    We still haven't heard from Tausheauna so if anyone else on the team knows them and is friends with them you may want to message them. If they don't report it they are out of the challenge. I have messaged them but not heard from her either. Maybe she just need some encouragement.
  • jipsybird
    Options
    Hi Team Pink!

The one time I made it to a Zumba class it was awesome fun! Nobody actually cares if you can do the moves perfectly, most of them probably don't either. It's a lot of movement and I would suggest being close to the front so you can see the instructor (personal preference). Also good to be behind somebody to follow.

Good luck and have fun! Look forward to hearing how you do.
  • luvmycoffee
    Options
    Hi Team Pink!

Go for luvmycoffee. I always wanted to but believe it or not NO Zumba class around where I live. So trying to get the Wii Zumba.
    Still Loving your name on here. Im setting here checking the boards drinking my coffee now. Wish I could get my coffe on the photo but they don't sell it here and can't get it mailed to me either. :sad:

Awww Cheers to our coffee! :drinker:

How do you like the Wii? I have thought about getting one, but not sure on if I would use it enough.
  • luvmycoffee
    Options
    Hi Team Pink!

How do you like the Wii? I have thought about getting one, but not sure on if I would use it enough.

Not sure why it posted twice...perhaps the caffeine? :wink:
  • luvmycoffee
    Options
    Hi Team Pink!

The one time I made it to a Zumba class it was awesome fun! Nobody actually cares if you can do the moves perfectly, most of them probably don't either. It's a lot of movement and I would suggest being close to the front so you can see the instructor (personal preference). Also good to be behind somebody to follow.

Good luck and have fun! Look forward to hearing how you do.

Thanks for the encouragement! I will stop being such a wuss about trying new stuff. LOL
  • Justacoffeenut
    Options
    Hi Team Pink!

Not sure why it posted twice...perhaps the caffeine? :wink:

:laugh: Is there such a thing as to much caffeine? :drinker:

I like the Wii since I don't have any other means of working out. NO gym or such around me. It is nice the programs I have keep track of your progress and such. My biggest issue is getting to use them is the family. Everyone else wants on when I am. Which isn't a problem except when you are trying to get and keep your heart rate up. But I do get in some solo time on it. We have only had ours since before christmas. When all the stores have sales we got ours at Wal-Mart for $99. And we have about 4 games now. Two are basically the same just different back grounds. But we seem to enjoy it. Just wish I could use it more. And it is cheaper then a gym membership. I don't have to leave the house or anything.

Enjoy your class. Just have fun and shake it. :smile:
  • tinkteri
    tinkteri Posts: 63
    Options
    Do you have wii Zumba ? I have wii fit and never use it because I think it has silly stuff like hula hooping ect so I can't get into it. Maybe there is a good wii workout disc...Any suggestions ?
  • Justacoffeenut
    Options
    RML1955 WEIGHT 154 GOAL 149+
  • jipsybird
    Options
    May 1
    Calories eaten - 1756
    Calories burned - 425