Feeling overwhelm..

concrete_angel
concrete_angel Posts: 13
edited September 19 in Motivation and Support
I weight in this morning and I have lost 15 pounds this month. I know I should be happy and all. But when I get on the scale this morning, I cringe to see that I was down more weight. I guess I'm so scared to gain a pound that I regret stepping on the scale each week. I feel blue, cause I fear that I will fail. I don't want to fail, but it seems like I have failed so many times in dieting.:grumble: I guess I need some words of encouragement from others around me.

Replies

• Don't be blue....It sounds like your doing great....however I do know how you feel. I have felt the same way!

Just stay positive!!:flowerforyou:
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    If you know you are changing your bad habits into good ones, then there is nothing to fail. :flowerforyou:

The number on the scale isn't the final grade. If you know you are doing the right thing then don't worry about the scale.
  • Veracruz4
    Veracruz4 Posts: 22
    Do you weigh yourself everyday? I can relate to what you're going thru because I can easily get scale-obsessive and worry too much about the number and not how I'm feeling or how my clothes are fitting. . . especially if you weigh everyday. 15 lbs is a HUGE accomplishment. You'll have to prepare yourself for the times when the scale either doesn't move or doesn't show in your favor - which truly is normal to happen from time to time. It 's easy for the scale to show a gain when you're working out, too as muscle mass is heavier than fat but you'll be more toned. Don't let the numbers on the scale measure your success!! I know there are a variety of suggestions about how often you're supposed to weigh yourself, but do what feels healthy for you. I weigh myself once a week - the same day at the same time. That way if it hasn't moved or I've gained a lb or two, I know I have a week to get back on track until the next weigh-in. Don't stop now!! My 'light at the end of the tunnel' is a dress I have hanging in my closet that I haven't been able to wear in 9 years. What's your light?
  • mfinney
    mfinney Posts: 314
    I weight in this morning and I have lost 15 pounds this month. I know I should be happy and all. But when I get on the scale this morning, I cringe to see that I was down more weight. I guess I'm so scared to gain a pound that I regret stepping on the scale each week. I feel blue, cause I fear that I will fail. I don't want to fail, but it seems like I have failed so many times in dieting.:grumble: I guess I need some words of encouragement from others around me.

Failing would be doing nothing.... failing would be to live unhealthy forever.... trying, adapting, changing...these keep us alive and succeeding.

One of my favorite quotes:

Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, either way you are right.

And you can transpose words there....

Whether you think you will succeed, or you think you will fail, either way you are right.....

Kudos on the success so far!!

Just keep the negativity away, and there is nothing you cannot achieve!
This discussion has been closed.