Getting married in Oct. and I need HELP

Options
Hello Everyone,
Last month I was "tricked" into buying a beautiful offwhite, halter style wedding dress to wear for my Oct. 18th wedding. I say "tricked" because what other explanation could I have for buying a dress that that accentuates my arms, one of the areas on my body I am most insecure about, I will never know. :sad: Maybe it was the excitement of trying on dresses, everyone telling you how lovely you look, the lighting in the store, or perhaps my sister slipped something into my Starbucks coffee. Who knows! Since the dress is non-refundable, thanks David's Bridal, I need to do something fast to get my arms into some shape that will not make me cringe everytime I see my arms. I need your best exercise/fitness/diet advice to add shape and definition to my arms while also helping me burn at least 20 pounds before I have to slip into this dress, not to mention a bathing suit for the honeymoon. Oh, did I forget to mention that we decided to take a cruise to the Bahama's for our honeymoon? The things women will agree to for a big diamond. :laugh:

In all seriousness, any suggestions/ideas would be greatly appreciated. I have been doing my best to stick within my calorie guidelines listed on MFP and adding exercise to my routine but I haven't seen significant results and that wedding day is fast approaching. I can't believe it is already the end of June. Thanks for your time and help.

Replies

• AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Push-ups are good. Arms, chest, back, and core.
  • TrinaXL
    TrinaXL Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Just stick with it girl!! no cheating!! you still have 3 months! incorporate some strength training into your days along with a LOT of cardio! also, this is something I found out yesterday, don't forget the sunscreen! nothing is a worse setback than having a giant burn across your shoulders. so Sunscreen and lots of water. maybe even cut your cals by 1-200 extra a day. DO NOT STARVE YOURSELF.

I'm sure you're beautiful anyway. the person who criticizes you on your wedding day is just jealous. you are your biggest critic.

You CAN Do This!!!!

xox
    Trina
  • pattitricia85
    Options
    RELAX!!! you have plenty of time to get your body wedding dress ready and bikini ready!!! Cardio is the only thing that is going to get rid of the fat on your arms. Running is the BEST way to do that. I know running is hard, but it is the only cardio i can stick w/ and it melts fat. especially doing intervals (a few minutes at a comfortable pace you can keep up through the workout and then a minute or two kicked up, not quite all our sprint though) Also, push ups, tricep dips, and bench presses work great. good luck w/ everything, I have been there! You will look beautiful no matter what... the only kind of bride there is, is a beautiful one!
  • belldandy1
    belldandy1 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Well ,if you are really hardcore about it, then I would say do P-90X. Everyone I have ever talked to that did P-90X all the way through had rediculous results. The program is really insane though. SO HARD!! I could not make it through. It is a 3-month program so it would work well with your time frame. I don't know if anyone here has had bad luck with the program. Perhaps you should ask around about it. I had really good results for the three weeks that I was doing it, but then I stopped.
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Try interval weight-training. It really helps tone me up and keeps my metabolism higher for the rest of the day. Don't worry- there's still time! You'll be beautiful on your wedding day no matter what- the glow will take care of that! :happy:
  • ChellieIrish
    ChellieIrish Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    http://www.videojug.com/film/exercise-for-losing-flabby-arms

Hi there

This is a video of some exercises you can do easily at home :flowerforyou:

Girlfirend you have plenty of time to lose those extra pounds so main thing is "Don't panic" it will only cause you to break out and eat something :wink: you really don't want/need :happy:
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    I can relate and my biggest piece of advice is to relax. You have time and you can do this. The last thing you need is more stress while planning a wedding.

Cardio will help to burn fat in general (you can't target fat in certain areas of your body) and weight training will help you tone your arms.

Push ups are great, I would also recommend doing some bicep and tricep exercises as well. Do you have a gym membership? If so ask one of the trainers to recommend some exercises. Most of them are more than willing to help.

Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • Beppy8
    Beppy8 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you to everyone who posted suggestions. You all are right, I have plenty of time and need to relax and just keep working at it.

Belldandy1 - I actually have the P-90x dvds that I borrowed from a friend but I haven't actually tried them yet. I did watch a few and was interested in knowing how I was suppose to do pull-ups at home when I don't have a pull-up bar. I have heard that people have gotten great results from these tapes. I guess I will have to bite the bullet and start getting up early in the morning to exercise.

ChellieIrish - thanks for sending the link to firm up flabby arms. I will start doing them immediately.

Thanks again to all who replied. I'm am taking a deep breath and trying to relax! :smile:
  • sandy429
    sandy429 Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    I actually have the P-90x dvds that I borrowed from a friend but I haven't actually tried them yet. I did watch a few and was interested in knowing how I was suppose to do pull-ups at home when I don't have a pull-up bar. I have heard that people have gotten great results from these tapes. I guess I will have to bite the bullet and start getting up early in the morning to exercise.

P90X will work if you do. If you commit to the workouts every day and follow the nutrition guide, you will be bikini ready in no time.

For pull-ups, you could get an Iron Gym at just about any store. I used one for a while until I got the P90X Bar for my birthday (I love it!).

And I highly suggest doing the Classic version of P90X; do not bother with Lean. Muscle burns fat, and the best way to build muscle is with strength training. Don't worry about bulking up; women can't do it. I've done P90X four times, I lift heavy, and I'm not the least bit bulky.

Good luck!