White Ink Tattoos

Options
bethgames
bethgames Posts: 534 Member
I am considering a new piece in white ink on my wrist. Has anyone seen any that they like or know of anyone good in the Detroit or Chicago area? I really like the look, but my local guy is really trying to talk me out of it. I would prefer having someone do it that enjoys the effect as well.....you know?

Replies

• ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    In my experience white ink does not last long at all, almost all my tats have white in them, with highlights, or just various colors that required white, and it fades quickly....I have to agree, it does look awesome when first done, but you will more than likely have to get it touched up a lot......

That said, tats are personal to you, so if this is what you truly want, just shop around until you find a good artist to do it♥
  • bethgames
    Options
    Thanks! I hear that the White Ink used for these is different. It doesnt fade as much, but more than that, it raises the skin more so it is more like a scar. I dont care if it fades, but I like the idea of a raised brand-like tattoo. :flowerforyou:
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I hear that the White Ink used for these is different. It doesnt fade as much, but more than that, it raises the skin more so it is more like a scar. I dont care if it fades, but I like the idea of a raised brand-like tattoo. :flowerforyou:

So get branded?
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    I have noticed that, it almost looks like a type of branding....which does look cool, I say go for it, just make sure and find a good artist that is familiar with it! Good luck♥
  • camsmommy2008
    camsmommy2008 Posts: 131
    Options
    I do not know of any but on the wrist they do look cool. I just got my wrist one in Feb. and I just did black but a white one would have been cool!
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    my dood mikey fresh has "Stay True" in white on his neck looks pretty dope after almost a year
  • bethgames
    Options
    I dont have the nerve for branding (chicken, I guess)......and I am still trying to find someone good to do it. Everyone I find is wayyyy the heck out in like CA or something. If anyone knows of someone, I am open. I had found someone great in Hawaii when my husband got his last one in Hilo, but I for sure cant get back there. LOL Should have done it when I had her right in front of me!!! ***kicking myself***
  • tlynnclemmons
    tlynnclemmons Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    yeah most of my white ink (i have 13 tats & all but 2 have white ink somewhere) has faded considerably over the years - my husband got branded last year & it looks awesome though. especially after he's been out in the sun - the branding shows up almost white and raised up - i'm just too chicken to do it!
  • MrsSullivan08
    MrsSullivan08 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I got butterflies on my wrist an some spots my guy used white to fill in some spots on the wings and you can't even tell and it fades really fast down to the normal skin color. I wouldn't advise you to get any white because it won't stick anyway. Hense why your tattoo artist is trying to talk you out of it. Just a little piece of personal advice. :)
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Something I would absolutely consider. The white ink that glows under black light. :) IF I could find the right artist to do a filigree without it looking all shaky and messy. This is a type of tattoo that your artist needs to be able to have complete control of their lines and detailing. Careful in your choice of artist is all... :)
  • sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I've had my white ink tattoo on my wrist for years. It has not faded, maybe because I am very pale. I still get plenty of compliments when it is noticed.
  • ChubbyStudent25
    Options
    My skin won't take white ink it fades in a few weeks. I do like the effect although most of the time you can't see the tattoos unless you look closely.
  • MLgarcia3
    MLgarcia3 Posts: 503
    Options
    I heard that white ink looks best on pale skin.. also that you have to take extra care of it because it can turn light brown or yellow if it's exposed to the sun too much :-/
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    omg I just googled these. have never heard of them until now...I so want one!!!
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    Any white ink my husband got in his tattoos ran... literally.. under the skin then faded away. He had the same tattoo colored 3 times but the white never stayed
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    whiteinktattoos.jpg

Here is a little more of an understanding for you guys that think a white ink tattoo is just purely white ink. Lol.
  • shastacrystal
    shastacrystal Posts: 262
    Options
    I have strength written in white on the inside of my wrist. Everyone loves it and it has held up nice. My Mom got one in white too thought and she has more of an olive complexion and it didnt turn out as good. I love mine!
  • Vi0l33t
    Vi0l33t Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    a little ehite in a tattoo is fine for a highlight paired with black or other colors, but using all white is completely innadvisable. Quality artists will not do a white tattoo because the ink fades so very quickly
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    whiteinktattoos.jpg

Here is a little more of an understanding for you guys that think a white ink tattoo is just purely white ink. Lol.
    That is gorgeous! Now I see why people say it looks like a brand.
  • bethgames
    Options
    ^^^ I wish I knew who did that one. (Probably from CA).

LOL....see! Everyone who has one, is from CA. Dang it.... BTW, the white ink is not the same as for colored tattoos. :flowerforyou:

Did I mention that I am originally from CA, so I'm not hating. :heart: