It's early, but....

Options
Okay... I've only been using Myfitnesspal since the 5th of the month - but already I've lost over 6 lbs. And it's been easy! It's sort of the same method I use to take care of my house plants. It's not hard - if you just pay attention. I've switched from whole milk to soy milk on my cereal. I eat healthy protein bars for my snacks and have been enjoying all sorts of good, healthy fruits this time of year. I'm so glad that I was turned on to this website! Thanks!

Replies

• dkell
    dkell Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Great Job:drinker: :drinker:
  • onfleur
    onfleur Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, its a great feeling isn't it? Doing the happy dance for :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: you!!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Okay... I've only been using Myfitnesspal since the 5th of the month - but already I've lost over 6 lbs. And it's been easy! It's sort of the same method I use to take care of my house plants. It's not hard - if you just pay attention. I've switched from whole milk to soy milk on my cereal. I eat healthy protein bars for my snacks and have been enjoying all sorts of good, healthy fruits this time of year. I'm so glad that I was turned on to this website! Thanks!

Congratulations on your 6 pounds! :flowerforyou:
    I feel the same as you. I am soooo thankful that a friend told me about this wonderful site! :happy:
    MFP has changed my life so much for the better, as I'm sure it's also done for countless others too! :love:
  • scamburi
    scamburi Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad that my sister showed me this site. I wish I would have known about it sooner. It's so easy to do, and then you step on the scale and you're like "Are you serious? I lost weight and it doesn't even feel like I'm on a diet." It's a great feeling.
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!
    It is a wonderful feeling, not only knowing that you are losing weight, but also that you are getting healthy and making choices that are going to benefit you in the long run. What I love about MFP is it helped me see that I need to stop dieting and start a new healthy lifestyle!! I am so thankful for the friends that I have made on here that encourage me when I am discouraged and motivate me to get back up and get going. This is a wonderful site!
    Keep up the good work!! :wink:
  • rosehaven
    rosehaven Posts: 9
    Options
    I'm so glad that my sister showed me this site. I wish I would have known about it sooner. It's so easy to do, and then you step on the scale and you're like "Are you serious? I lost weight and it doesn't even feel like I'm on a diet." It's a great feeling.

That's cuz you're NOT on a diet!!!! That's why it's easy and it works - you eat enough, just different things! I promise myself I will never lose this site again cuz I lost weight using it before, then got lazy and stopped tracking what I was eating and the pounds snuck back on! Now I'm back, two weeks in and I'm down 4 lbs! And it's just because I'm more conscious of what I eat and drink. If I only have 1400 calories to eat, I choose the foods carefully... if I want to indulge, I must gain some exercise calories to do so! Simple!

Congrats on your success! :flowerforyou:
  • kristine518
    Options
    Congratulations!!!! I totally agree! I joined the same week and also lost 6lbs. I want to lose 20 so I'm 25% done! It feels good to be paying attention to what I'm eating and definitely keeps me exercising on a regular basis (I even bought a heart rate monitor). I feel accountable having to log in everything. This log is for ME... so I'm honest with my journal. I had one bad day this week because I had to attend a special lunch & dinner in the same day. But that was Tuesday and only one day -- had to get right back to my disciplined habits on Wednesday -- and I did. I love MFP for keeping me on track!! I found it by chance but I've shared it with a few friends. It's going back to basics... calories in versus calories burned.... 3,500 claories = 1 pound. Pretty easy but we all tried those fad diets instead of going back to that simple concept.
    Keep going!! Good luck!! ... and watch out for those "food pushers" (at the office, parties, etc.)

PS - Does anyone count drinking a cup of TEA as a glass of WATER?? Just wondering...
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    PS - Does anyone count drinking a cup of TEA as a glass of WATER?? Just wondering...
    [/quote]

I never liked coffee or tea, but I DO count my daily (fat free) hot chocolate as one of my glasses of water. :smile:
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I never liked coffee or tea, but I DO count my daily (fat free) hot chocolate as one of my glasses of water. :smile:
    [/quote]

I think only water should count as your daily water intake
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!