FEELING fat vs. BEING fat

Options
cgray
cgray Posts: 132 Member
I know I'm not fat. I'm not chunky, not chubby, not thick or probably even average. I know that somewhere in the back of my mind but sometimes I just FEEL fat. I have fat days, I'm having a fat day today. I feel gross, blubbery (not sure that's even a word, but it is the way I feel). I just feel yucky:sick: , but it's not like I can say "I feel fat" to my co-workers, family or friends because people flip out if someone under a certain weight says that they feel fat. BUT I DO!!!! Anyone else have this problem? What do you do on days like the one I'm having today? Do you say that you don't feel well or that you feel bloated or do you just keep the whole thing to yourself? What's the best way to beat a fat day?

Replies

• desirae500
    desirae500 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    YES! I am a little chubby still but have lost 50 lbs. Some days I just feel ENORMOUS! I find that I buy clothes to fit the old me (size 16) not the new me (size 10)! On days I feel big - I wear my cutest most flattering outfit to work and to the gym. Have a great day!:flowerforyou:
  • princessquitealot
    princessquitealot Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Good lord yes, I am not fat, I am not lean either but that doesn't mean that some days I don't feel 20 pounds heavier than I am right now. I'm very careful on those days to stay away from anything that might make me feel worse. No chocolate is going to help so stay away. I remember to nourish myself with healthy things. I typically go to bed early, and hope the next day is better.
  • agatronmeows
    agatronmeows Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Oh man totally! Im not fat but i do have chunky thighs and a bigger butt, arms and bust, but a small waist. But there are days when i dont see that as my body type (since no matter how thin i get i would still have those things be bigger), i just see it as disgusting fat. I have major issues on these days because i feel like nothing looks good.

What i do to make myself feel better is eat things that dont bloat me on that day. Work out with some nicer clothes. And if i have to go out i put on something that doesnt tighten me around my stomach or anything and maybe put on some eye liner. Just lil things that help me live that day out.