swim suits

Options
I was feeling good about my weight loss and I tried on swimming suits yesterday. Needless to say, I didn't buy any and it was very discouraging. What was I thinking?

Replies

• vanimami
    vanimami Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I was feeling good about my weight loss and I tried on swimming suits yesterday. Needless to say, I didn't buy any and it was very discouraging. What was I thinking?

What was so discouraging about it?? Maybe you need a friend to go w/ you for a second opinion because you just may be too hard on yourself. :huh:
  • faithjobes
    faithjobes Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I hear ya. I'd lost 20 lbs and dropped almost two pants sizes but swimsuits still didn't fit right (better). But don't go by that alone! You've lost weight, you feel better, your clothes fit better! Swimsuits are tight!!! The material isn't flattering on a thin person so....
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options

I too feel your pain. I found that Tankinis are the most flattering when you have some extra to hide, I just got one that wasn't super tight and feel a lot better in it. I too agree with Fairth, don't let it get you down, think about the other aspects of your weight loss to help you feel better. You're doing great, almost at your goal!!! Keep your chin up :flowerforyou:
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    You know....its a journey.... One day you will be struttin' around feeling fab in an itty, bitty bikini :happy:

Don't get discouraged because you aren't exactly where you want to be right now....its a process....Everything you do will take you closer or further from that goal....Let it encourage you to keep up the good work :wink:
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    My Mom gave me a suit from Land's End- it's wonderful! The back is high enough to hide the dredded bra bulge area, the legs are low enough that I don't feel like a walking carnival exhibit.

Maybe the suits you were looking at just weren't designed for people with curves. Plus, who really looks good in a swimsuit? I mean really, really good? Even if you're toned, buff and have 5% body fat- it's almost impossible to find a swimsuit that looks GOOD. They're all cut so funny!
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options

Hang in there, you are doing so well! Maybe try a couple of different stores, or also there is the cover-up to consider getting.
  • beckythebunny122
    beckythebunny122 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I got really depressed too. It turns out that the 'modern' swimsuit type just doesn't look good on me. Did you try any retro styles? I got the Esther Williams swimsuit and I look pretty darn good! It's meant for girls with curves (and thighs).
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I hear ya - I bought 3 from Old Navy online - they fit but the styles are SO wrong for me...but they fit!!