Picky Eater trying to eat healthier..help!

Options
So I am an EXTREMELY picky eater.

It's not that I dislike a lot of foods, its just the ones that I primarily dislike are found very commonly in healthy foods.

The one thing that throws me off most is ONIONS. That is the one thing I can't eat in any capacity whatsoever. The smell of them makes me nauseous, and even when they are finely chopped up and cooked into things, I am hypersensitive to the taste and I get extremely sick. I can do green onions, and I can do things with onion powder (unwillingly), but no onions.

I am also not a big tomato or celery fan. I can stomach tomatoes and love tomato taste but the texture is not ideal to me. Celery I don't like the flavor at all, another one I am very sensitive to.

Recently I got food poisoning from eating a salad so I am a bit turned off by leafy greens but only temporarily.

I do like vegetables and fruit a lot- I love asparagus, broccoli, spinach, cauliflower, brussels sprouts, etc, but I dont really have a fun or healthy way to prepare them. Any suggestions?

Also- what type of meat is best to eat when trying to lose weight as well?

Replies

• bm99
    bm99 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Lean meats- Chicken, turkey, fish

Sometimes I work to make a delicious recipe with vegetables. Mostly I just put them on a plate with a side of dip and call it a meal. Or throw it all in a pan, burn the crap out of it and cover it with hot sauce.

Have you tried just eating them?
  • CaroSeraMince
    Options
    Roast those veggies! Brussel sprouts are particularly good when roasted with olive oil and a bit of kosher salt.