So SO SO SO Sick

Options
I was so sick yesturday that I was only able to take in MAYBE 250 calories the entire day.. and of course when I did put it in, it came right back out again.. Today, I feel better but no where close to where I should be for calorie intake for the day.. Is this going to put a damper on my progress, or is it not abig deal??

Replies

• suzanobrien
    Options
    I was so sick yesturday that I was only able to take in MAYBE 250 calories the entire day.. and of course when I did put it in, it came right back out again.. Today, I feel better but no where close to where I should be for calorie intake for the day.. Is this going to put a damper on my progress, or is it not abig deal??
  • jolynn
    Options
    I've found that I never lose weight when I have the flu ... a real bummer when you don't really EAT anything! The most important thing is not to get dehydrated, so try, try, try to drink some fluid. Boullion sometimes stays down or just water - not cold - warm absorbs better. Good luck and hope you feel better soon!
  • GinaB30
    GinaB30 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    It depends I think....
    Once when I was sick I lost 20 lbs, but I was deathly ill with pneumonia
    another time (very sick) with the flu I lost 10.....
    and other times, (like last week) when I was sick, I didnt pay any attention to calories or fat, I just concentrated on eating and getting better so when I was better I could try harder.
    I hope you get well soon!!
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    It won't hurt your progress as far as going into "starvation mode" But I hope you recover quickly. Your energy level will be down for a few days after you are better and eating well again - just be gentle with yourself and you'll be back to normal in no time!! Sending you wishes for quick recovery :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options
    I feel your pain, I have been sick for 5 days now.:sad:
  • lockedcj7
    lockedcj7 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I caught the respiratory thing that's been going around. It wouldn't have been so bad except that it came with a wicked fever that I couldn't seem to shake. I missed going to the gym for over a week and I just now got back to it. The good news is that I didn't have any appetite for several days and managed to hit a new low (as in toward my goal weight). I'm not going to get too upset if it pops back up a little after I feel better because I know it was artificially low due to illness. I was able to drink all my water most days.