2 months with NO progress...

Options
2»

Replies

• kellyj9600
    kellyj9600 Posts: 5
    Options
    I am in the same boat! My diary is open if anyone wants to take a look and offer suggestions. I hope you can also see my exercise diary. I am really discouraged. I have 35lbs to lose so it's not like I am stuck with not much to lose! Please help!
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I don't necessarily think you're not eating enough. Even if you weren't, in two months, you would still have dropped some weight. "Starvation mode" doesn't occur when you're eating 1500 calories a day.

Are you measuring yourself in other ways? Do you SEE or FEEL any other changes in your body? Have you considered getting bloodwork and thyroid testing?
  • kellyj9600
    kellyj9600 Posts: 5
    Options
    I was tested a few years ago and I checked out fine. I feel like I am doing everything right and not getting any results. I measured a couple of weeks ago and have not remeasured because I don't feel any different and my clothes don't feel different. And I have been really tired lately. I really need to know what I am doing wrong.
  • timetogetskinny1
    Options
    I am feeling stronger, but otherwise, no, I am not "seeing" any lose and I am not losing inches.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I'd also suggest splitting your big meals up into smaller portions. Even eating the same as what you are eating everyday but in 5-6 smaller meals / snacks instead of 3 big meals will make a big difference! You should be eating every 3-4 hours to keep your metabolism boosted. I aim for 200-300 calories each time I eat (5'7", 157lbs). Also, drinking water really does help! I aim for about 4L a day (that includes decaf tea!) but the recommended minimum for active adults is 2-3L everyday.

Metabolically speaking, it doesnt matter if you eat 10 meals or 1 meal, your body processes the calories the same.

More than likely you need more calories like eric mentioned. Increase your calories by 200-300 calories. Your body is more than likely just conserving energy as its has been restricted for some time.
  • missprincessjenny
    missprincessjenny Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I glanced at your diary. I would cut back on the sugars. Even the vegetables are high in sugar. And I agree with upping your daily calories. Don't use the BMR calculator on MFP. I find it's low. If you check this forum there are alot of posts about calculating daily calorie requirements.
  • timetogetskinny1
    Options
    This might be a dumb question but if I cut back on Fruits and Veggies, and limiting my carbs, all I am eating is protien... Isn't that bad? Or what are other options for snacks? I just fruits and veggies as an add on to my protien. Thank you everyone for all the great advice!!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    This might be a dumb question but if I cut back on Fruits and Veggies, and limiting my carbs, all I am eating is protien... Isn't that bad? Or what are other options for snacks? I just fruits and veggies as an add on to my protien. Thank you everyone for all the great advice!!

No protein isn't bad. And you don't really need to limit fruit and veggies. You can start eating more fats likes nuts, greek yogurt, cheese, or even avocado.