feeling weird shaky and weak

Options
Sometimes I get really shaky and feel very weak. This happens a lot of times after, or during cardio exercise. Does anybody know why?

Replies

• CallieDerenthal
    CallieDerenthal Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    could be low blood sugar... try having a snack to see if that helps :-)
  • jbelton79
    jbelton79 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It could be low blood sugar. What about your iron levels?
  • AmandaPandah
    AmandaPandah Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    EAT MORE
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Sounds like low blood sugar. Try to eat a little something before a workout and make sure you're hydrated.

If it happens a lot, you might go check with your doctor just to be safe.
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    Excellent question, I get that feeling all the time and when I stand up I get horrible dizziness and headrushes.
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I used to get this before I was diagnosed with high blood pressure, go and see your doctor and get it checked.

Mind you, it could something simple like not eating enough.
  • Jerseygirl02
    Options
    Low blood sugar. You may not be eating enough.
  • tulboobio
    tulboobio Posts: 4
    Options
    I feel that way when i'm dehydrated. Do you take blood pressure medicine or anything like that? Those combined with weight loss may be lowering your blood pressure a bit too low.
  • gem057
    gem057 Posts: 12
    Options
    be careful, I felt like that too and after giving blood last week I actually fainted and fell breaking a bone in my wrist. I was also a bit under my calorie count each day.
  • treehopper1987
    treehopper1987 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    When I get like that I get something small and that I know has some carbs...usually makes me feel better.
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    I used to get that a lot and still do just not daily or too often. You need to eat more or hydrate better. When this happens, drink some water and eat a good snack. Make sure your calories are not too low.
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    you might have high blood pressure...
    i have really low blood pressure, so the opposite happens to me,
    im less dizzy when my bloods a pump'n
    sounds like u might wanna have a light snack b4 u start working out too...
    see if that helps, if not, get to ur doctors b4 u hurt urself my frined :)
  • 70davis
    70davis Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    bump
  • 2012x
    2012x Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    ive only been getting weak like this after being ill, i was dehdryated in hospital.
  • icandoit203
    icandoit203 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Eat more protein not very heavy food before exercising like pb on a slice of toast, boiled egg. try to eat at least 2 hours b4 a workout. YOu are working out too hard and not enough energy or low iron. That's what happened to me it was iron so i had to make sure I inculcate enough so when I do workout I don't faint or get dizzy.
  • faithstephenson
    faithstephenson Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    2 things- eat something. Drink more water
  • paigebolling
    paigebolling Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    This happens to me sometimes too, I also believe its just a dip in your blood sugar. The go to quick fix is a glass of orange juice or maybe a protein bar that has some sugar in it. It'll have you back to normal in just a few minutes.=) But if it happens very frequently or gets worse I would discuss it with your doctor at your next doctors appt.
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    Based On your diary you're eating enough most days, are you eating anything before your workouts? And how long are your workouts? If you have some carbs before your workout and you're under an hour I'd check with your doctor, blood sugar issues along with blood pressure issues could cause big problems for you undiagnosed. I did notice some processed foods in your diary like poptarts, things like that are super easy for your body to digest and can cause instant spikes and then drops in your blood sugar which could lead to that shaky light headed feeling. I have issues with it and make sure I eat mostly whole foods and fruits vs juices and pastries which helps a lot!
  • mdsjmom98
    mdsjmom98 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I have issues with low blood pressure. On a good day, I can hit 105-110 over 60 -ish, and I find that when my blood pressure is lower than that, I have the same issues. Have you had your b/p checked??
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    It sounds like low blood sugar. Try eating something 15-30 minutes before working out and try a protein shake immediately after exercise. If this doesn't help, you should see a doctor.