Need some friends!

Hi, I am Julie and 34 on Thursday. I have been overweight since I had my first child 6 years ago. When I was younger I had a great figure, slim and curves in all the right places, so to be 34 and 3.5 stone over weight, make me so unhappy. I hate summer and holidays as I just want to cover up, I never go swimming with my hubby and kids, I hate my husband seeing me without clothes, I hate clothes shopping, and I hate seeing people who haven't seen me since I became fat! So, as you can see, I hate lots of things when really, like is too short and I should be happy young mother/wife and get ME back. I hope this is the key to my success. I have tried many diets but my will power is shocking. I get unhappy about my weight and then within a few hours, I am eating chocolate (my vice). I have just taken up running again (joined a club), so fingers crossed that I will not be crying this summer as usual - maybe I can enjoy it once again.

Anyone like me? anyone want to be my fitness buddy????!!

Replies

• scorpia1977
    scorpia1977 Posts: 76 Member
    Hi Julie and Welcome!

You've come to the right place. This site is great and you'll love it! The support on here is terrific. :)

I know exactly what you're going through. I too feel the same way about myself. I don't like going into public becaue I feel like everyone continues to look at me and probably thinks to themselves, why is she her. Or when I go out to eat with my family, that's the worst feeling EVER.

I'll help you as much as I can. Ad me as a friend. :)
  • dibdobw
    dibdobw Posts: 89 Member
    Hi Julie! Welcome to MFP. I can empathise with your plight. I was overweight for years and had tried other diets without any success when I chanced on this sight on my I pad.
    Since joining last July I have managed to lose 44lbs and still aim to lose more! There is so much support in here and the fact that you can eat back calories burned during exercise have made it easy for me to lose weight. I still have some way to go to get to my target of 10 stone, but the friendsIi have made on here have kept me going. Also reading other peoples success stories is a great motivation.
    If you need a friend, please add me and I will help you stay motivated and you WILL lose weight!

Good luck
    Debbie x
  • FluttershySweetie
    FluttershySweetie Posts: 216 Member
    hey! Add me if you want! i always love having new friends!!
  • heidi43101
    heidi43101 Posts: 7
    You can add me if you want. I like having new friends!