Curves - Need Exercise Tips!

Options
Hello everyone, I'm Mercy! Plz bare with me cause I'm new to this website still trying to get the hang of it. I got a great PT job at Curves as a circuit trainer and would love some great exercise ideas! I'm new at all this and I am also trying to get in shape myself. I need some good ideas for working out with older women who prefer to standing up exercises only, any tips?

Replies

• foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    wow, i think it is great that you are going to learn and enhance others abilities, but i can't believe they hired someone who has no experience!

i don't have any tips, shape magazine is a good source however
  • slimmingmom
    slimmingmom Posts: 297
    Options
    No tips, but it sure makes me feel confident about the Curves membership I just spent the last bit of my money opening up.
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    Oh wow I just missed my curves appointment I was kind of sketipkal, but wow they hired you with no experience no offense though.Ima try L A fitness or Ballys or the YMCA
  • khoolette
    khoolette Posts: 73
    Options
    I don't have any tips either, but I just wanted to encourage you in your new job. It won't take long to learn the "circuit" and you'll do fine. Have fun getting in shape!
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Just my .02, but those places don't really charge a lot, and they probably are all franchises, so they probably don't have a ton of money to pay their employees. Someone who went to school for that field and has student loans probably couldn't afford to work there anyway. All in all, I think it's a great program for women who haven't really exercised much, it's kind of a no brainer anyway. One probably wouldn't need much training other than how to work the hydraulic machines, you don' t even need to do any moving around of weights. It practically runs itself, according to what I've heard.