How would I get really defined muscular legs?

Options
apash
apash Posts: 8 Member
I run on the treadmill 3-4 times a week and do some walking. My legs are slim and have some muscle definition but what exercises would I get really cut, muscular legs? I want to look good in shorts and skirts for the summer!

Replies

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking lots of squats & lunges. When I biked more I had massive quads.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Squat heavy.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    Squat heavy.

Yup!
  • apash
    apash Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the quick responses! Would that help with my calves too? I do see how squats would help my thighs.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    Yup squats are an amazing compound workout :D I would suggest lunges and deadlift too :]
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the quick responses! Would that help with my calves too? I do see how squats would help my thighs.

yes, they will rock your core too
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Squats, lunges, deadlifts using HEAVY weights.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    Squat heavy.

I would suggest squatting Volkswagons. They're pretty heavy.
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options

plus calorie deficit to burn the fat, and expose that sexy muscle.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    My calves look like those of a 5 year old. They're pathetic.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Do what all of the fit and awesome people have already suggested...

... or you could just get a flesh colored sharpie and draw on the muscles so everyone goes "oooh" and "aaah" but you don't actually have to put in the work.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,022 Member
    Options
    thanks for all the suggestions
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options

plus calorie deficit to burn the fat, and expose that sexy muscle.

yep both of these... the second one mostly.
  • Cmonnowguys
    Cmonnowguys Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Squats, squats, squats. Lol.
  • sammi402
    sammi402 Posts: 232 Member
    Options

... or you could just get a flesh colored sharpie and draw on the muscles so everyone goes "oooh" and "aaah" but you don't actually have to put in the work.

If i had more artistic talent I would so do that. Unfortunately, I don't so it would look like a 5yr old was scribbling on me. :indifferent:
  • glenner
    glenner Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I am a fitness instructor and legs are my favourite part!!! Squats are good but for really great quadriceps lunges ROCK. For a real oomph, get a step and put your back foot on it, adding some weights if you can, and lunge. For calves get a stability ball, put it against the wall at waist height, face the wall and go up and down on your tip toes. I do three types- feet about hip width apart, heels together and toes pointing out (live a V) then toes together, heels facing out. Do three sets of 8 each way and STRETCH!!!!!!
  • HJCsDaddy
    HJCsDaddy Posts: 419 Member
    Options

If i had more artistic talent I would so do that. Unfortunately, I don't so it would look like a 5yr old was scribbling on me. :indifferent:

So maybe you need to scribble on the person who has the calves of a five year old and all will balance out...
  • Hernandeak11
    Hernandeak11 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Squats!

And I agree with a previous poster: I had massive biker-thighs back in my biking days!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    If you have a totally craptacular gym like I do, and can't do heavy squats, the leg press, glute press, calf extension, etc. machines do a body good if you do them heavy enough.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Jump-squats. :devil:

...but also intervals on a stair stepper machine. I've seen big results with this...