Running Shoes / Exercise Shoes

Options
I am in need of new running shoes that I can wear at the gym for weight lifting as well real bad. I currently have New Balance, the breast cancer awareness ones. Anyone have any good recommendations on shoes?

thanks

Replies

• HelpWanted220
    HelpWanted220 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I LOVE ASICS they are great for running and comfortable and if you have high arches like me they are very good with arch support. They don't break down easily I get mine at like a Big 5 or sporting goods store. They can be a little pricey but not bad I paid $40 for mine on sale. But they are well worth it :) I have found that the "nike, reboks, and name brand shoes" aren't really made that well for me. Happy hunting I hope this helps!!!
  • Sapph1re
    Sapph1re Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My cousin is an athlete so I asked her to make a recommendation for a good workout shoe. She said without a doubt Nike Air Max are the best. I started to price shop for some on the internet and I found that they were very expensive; around $170. I went price shopping at the malls and local stores and I found some in Marshalls for $80. They were comfortable and supportive, but not very stylish. I decided to check out the Nike outlet store and I found the perfect pair of Air Max for $45! They have really made a difference in my workout and I LOVE THEM!
  • SaraTN
    SaraTN Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Do you plan on doing a lot of running? If so, I would go to your local running store to be properly fitted. Fleet Feet is my personal favorite. Take in your current pair of running shoes so they can see the wear etc. Its difficult to get a really good pair of running shoes for under $75-85 dollars unless they are on sale. I would only use them for running and then find a cross trainer. I like the Nike Frees.

If you don't plan on doing a lot of running, I would go for a good stabilty shoe -- I love Asics (GT-2160 or Gel 1160). You could probably find last years models on sale online at a place like runningwarehouse.com
  • jessicagraves1212
    jessicagraves1212 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the recommendations.

I do a good amount of running. at the very least 4 miles a day maximum is 8 to 9 a day.
  • shorty313
    shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Do you plan on doing a lot of running? If so, I would go to your local running store to be properly fitted. Fleet Feet is my personal favorite. Take in your current pair of running shoes so they can see the wear etc. Its difficult to get a really good pair of running shoes for under $75-85 dollars unless they are on sale. I would only use them for running and then find a cross trainer. I like the Nike Frees.

If you don't plan on doing a lot of running, I would go for a good stabilty shoe -- I love Asics (GT-2160 or Gel 1160). You could probably find last years models on sale online at a place like runningwarehouse.com
    Yes, get fitted, it will cost more but later you can find replacements cheaper online (older model).
  • workout_junkee
    workout_junkee Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Definitely go to a running store to get fit. What works for one person may not work for another. A good fit can make or break your ability to run comfortable and injury free.

That said... I wear a Saucony and LOVE it.