How much Sugar??

Options
dellamac
dellamac Posts: 16 Member
Is there a formula or guideline for how much sugar we should intake? I am always going over my sugar in MFP. I eat a low carb and fat, high protein diet and rarely do I eat dairy. These sugars are not from candy or such. Any suggestions? I am at a loss.

Replies

• Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Bump! I am also wondering the same thing!!!!!!!!!
  • jenna_kirstin
    Options
    Ditto! I eat a lot of fruit (although have had a couple of bad days recently!) and my sugar count is always way over!
  • Bdde
    Bdde Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I try my best to stay under 30 g of carbs and i guess that's very little sugar but just enough to not have an overload
  • jentarver
    jentarver Posts: 192
    Options
    can you open your diary so we can see what you are eating? I am able to maintain my sugar levels and still get protein and fiber.
  • WhitneyT586
    WhitneyT586 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that I'm always over on my sugar as well. I can be over just by eating a piece of fruit and a protein shake. I don't concern myself with it too much because it isn't from candy or desserts, but from healthy foods.
  • phillieschic
    phillieschic Posts: 615
    Options
    I never worry about natural sugars in fruit and veggies, though I do try to consume fruit early in the day. My sugar numbers are always over,but if I subtract out these sugars, I'm usually fine. I just don't consume anything that has added sugar to it...or, eww, fructose syrup!? Blah! :bigsmile:
  • Roeri011
    Roeri011 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I saw a dietitian yesterday and that was one of my questions for her. She said as long as my sugars are coming from sources like fruit I shouldn't worry too much about it. She said for weight loss the main thing is calorie intake and as long as I am eating a healthy/balanced diet I shouldn't worry too much on the macros.
  • dellamac
    Options
    can you open your diary so we can see what you are eating? I am able to maintain my sugar levels and still get protein and fiber.

You should be able to see it. I had a adjusted my sugar intake myself. I did it to low. I don't think I will go over anymore.
  • dellamac
    Options
    I am glad I am not the only one having this issues. I was just curious. I had adjusted the levels myself so I think I put them way to low. I put them back to where they originally were so we will see what happens. :)