GAH! Apple or Banana shape!? I can't tell. And I'm curious.

Options
13»

Replies

• DesignGuy
    DesignGuy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    You have an hourglass figure.

How I know:

Was bored waiting on a design client, so I took your front-facing picture and drew an outline around your body. I then compared it with a graphic I found showing fruit sizes. Trying to link it below.

You most resembled hourglass (at least from that picture and looking at sides of breast area, waist/midsection and hips).

bodyshapes_1_2_.png

Edit: adding, while it may not be as pronounced as other hourglass figures we think of, it's there.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Wow sickos.. that's my tooth brush. LOL. If I even OWNED one of those, I definitely wouldn't put it on a shelf NEXT to the entrance of my room.

http://i47.tinypic.com/35l81zb.jpg

Damn.

The angle made it look bigger.

that's what she said?
  • sleifs
    sleifs Posts: 3
    Options
    Wow sickos.. that's my tooth brush. LOL. If I even OWNED one of those, I definitely wouldn't put it on a shelf NEXT to the entrance of my room.

http://i47.tinypic.com/35l81zb.jpg

xGMJ6.gif
  • moepwr
    moepwr Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I would say hourglass and I am a tailor and my masters is in fashion. I look at a lot of bodies! The 9+ inch difference is the "perfect 10" measurements which is approx 10 inch diff between hip, waist and bust.
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    Okay, I understand a lot of people think that the whole fruit labeling thing is stupid. But they're just small names for certain body types. I'm asking what my body type is. "Why does it matter"? Well, a lot matters. Your shape corresponds with your body TYPE. Ectomorphs, mesomorphs, endomorphs. There are certain diets & exercises that improve aspects of your body.

I honestly didn't post this thread for people to ask me why.. lol. Sorry if I seem annoyed, I just came here for simply "apple" or "banana"

Thanks.

No, hourglasses have a waist measurement that is 9+ inches smaller than their hips and bust. Mine is only 4. Bananas usually have the same measurements in those areas, and 32 is close to 36. Hourglass is more like 36-27-36. I WISH I was an hourglass, haha.
    I Would also wait and see when you drop more weight. Your measurements are hourglass. But maybe when more fat comes off you will get a more accurate 'shape'? For instance, my mom was hourglass, but she put on weight and now is more of an apple or pear shape. If she lost she'd get her shape back.

I've always heard hourglass had a waist 6+ inches smaller than hips & bust.
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    not sure why so many people decided to be so rude?
    i'd have to agree with the other people who said hourglass.
    you look good :)
  • Tzippy7
    Tzippy7 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    the 4 classic options (banana, pear, hourglass and apple) leave alot of people out. Myself included. Ill try to find a link i used a few weeks ago, but basically it classified me as a "top hourglass" and a banana bottom haha.
  • Maystar80
    Maystar80 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    definitely not apple because I'm apple and have extremely broad shoulders and you have nice narrow ones. also, you've got a cute waist that cinches nicely. I don't think banana because I envision that as not having so much of a defined waist. honestly, I think these labels mostly work if you're overweight, but you're not, so if I had to give you a label I'd say a cross b/w hourglass and banana.
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    Why isn't wahooni on the list. What about the wahooni shaped people.

I'd guess hourglass for OP.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    the 4 classic options (banana, pear, hourglass and apple) leave alot of people out. Myself included. Ill try to find a link i used a few weeks ago, but basically it classified me as a "top hourglass" and a banana bottom haha.

I'd call that inverted triangle. That shows up on the 5 or 6 shape list. :) That's what Barbie, Pam Anderson and Jessica Simpson are.