Is PB2 Healthy ?

Options
graelwyn
graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
Had mine arrive the other day, but given it's low calorie count and powdered state, I am wondering how natural it is and how healthy it is ?

Replies

• aggiesrar05
    aggiesrar05 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    bump. I'd never heard of it until today and am interested as to what people say.. and as to the taste...
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    "natural" and "healthy" don't really have definitions
  • Adina81
    Adina81 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I love it :)

No preservatives. All they've done is press the oils out.
  • ashreynolds09
    ashreynolds09 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I like adding it to my shakes!
  • Superchikanthem
    Superchikanthem Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I really like it when I want a low cal Peanut taste but am not in need of the good fats and oils that come from regular peanut butter because I would be getting them from the other foods during the day.
  • gettinghealthyandfit1
    Options
    I love pb2 and I know many people who use it, including some of my really fit friends! I think other than the small amount of sugar in the chocolate kind it is pretty darn healthy
  • Dawners98
    Dawners98 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I didn't like the taste when I mixed it with water, but I use it in its powder form to dip my fruit and I love it! I really want to try the chocolate one, too!
  • jennyb612
    jennyb612 Posts: 83
    Options
    Bump.
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    No added sugar and it is peanuts with the fat pressed out...therefor turning it into a powder..that's my understanding of it...I love the stuff...and I definitely don't think its UN-healthy!
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    It is really squished peanuts.
  • slowturtle1
    slowturtle1 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I've thought of buying some to try it, but not sure about it yet. Has anyone had it with yogurt? I'm wondering about making yogurt smoothies with it--peanut butter/banana. Might be weird?
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Their website gives you a lot of info on how they make it as well as FAQs on the product:

http://www.bellplantation.com/
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I've thought of buying some to try it, but not sure about it yet. Has anyone had it with yogurt? I'm wondering about making yogurt smoothies with it--peanut butter/banana. Might be weird?
    I make smoothies with it: mixed berries, banana, vanilla yogurt, the chocolate PB2.... delicious!
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    The chocolate PB2 is freakin' amazing. Put it on some toast and it tastes just like a chocolate donut.
  • BigMech
    BigMech Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I've been using PB2 for about 6 months now. I add it my protein shakes for flavor, and I recently started adding it to vanilla greek yogurt to make peanut butter yogurt, which tastes great.

As far as natural and healthy, I think the ingredients list says it all "Roasted Peanuts, Sugar and Salt". Same ingredients as any decent peanut butter, but they press almost all the oils out of it to make a powder.

I really like it, as you get the peanut butter flavor and protein content without all the calories.
  • Superchikanthem
    Superchikanthem Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    One of my fav shakes is PB2 with skim milk or yogourt and frozen banana with some flax it tastes so yummy and has a milkshake texture!
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    It is really squished peanuts.

Yep. I use it in protein shakes for a peanut buttery taste. Can't stand it mixed with water though.
  • ladyfingers39
    ladyfingers39 Posts: 335
    Options
    I just found this. I have always wondered what it really was also. Interesting that they add salt and sugar.

http://hardcoreresults.com/categories/product_reviews/pb2-review/
  • scottywor
    scottywor Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    OMG that sounds tasty... I hope the sell it in Canada....
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    OMG that sounds tasty... I hope the sell it in Canada....

They don't. I order on amazon.com though.