BRAG BOARD

Options
Reading the "confessions" thread made me laugh, and made me feel good to confess, but I got to thinking... all of the good things that us MFP-ers are doing is worth sharing too!

Soooo... go ahead! Shout it from the roof tops!

Mine:
We got very bad thunderstorms here today, but I went running anyhow. Did couch to 5k week 1 day 2 and finished successfully despite the fact that it was raining cats and dogs, and I was running up hill :happy:

Go ahead... let us hear it! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• mnichol
    mnichol Posts: 642
    Options
    Wow! I'm impressed.

Mine would be: I'm feeling stronger every day and as amazed at my own perserverence.
  • Euphonasia
    Euphonasia Posts: 136
    Options
    I made it through Jillian Michaels Level 2 of the 30-Day Shred despite all of the freaking plank work. I've never had good upper body strength but today I made it!
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    Awesome
  • lagavica
    lagavica Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I jogged 10 k for the first time last Saturday, June 20, in 74 minutes.
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    My ankle was sore, and had major cramping in my other leg from yesterday's walk, but I pushed myself to go again today. I am sore as heck, and didn't burn as many calories, but I did go! :bigsmile:

Great idea!! I feel great now. Way to go to everyone else too!
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    Back in 2003, I trained for and ran a marathon. After the race, I fell off the wagon and just kept gaining weight. Since joining MFP, I've been as consistent and dedicated to my workouts as I was when in training. I plan on putting 1500 miles on my bike this summer and doing a Century ride by fall...:smile:

exercise.png
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    WOW!! My "brags" don't stand up to most of yours! Good for you :flowerforyou:
  • newDZ
    newDZ Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I easily did internals of running with my walks for the last two days. I shaved 7 mins off my walk yesterday and 10 mins today and I love it.
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    So not true! You went running uphill in the rain and thunder! Most people would say, "Bummer, its raining." And in their head they would be screaming, "Yay!! I don't have to work out now!"
  • nicolet04
    nicolet04 Posts: 830
    Options
    ummm....a couple weeks ago i decided to give running a try and i ran 4 miles without stopping on my second try!!! i used to be a runner in high school, but havnt ran in 6 years!
  • Redneckwoman
    Redneckwoman Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I worked out this AM with 3 of my old video tapes. The Miracle Mile and 2 Sweating to the oldies. One right after the other.
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    So not true! You went running uphill in the rain and thunder! Most people would say, "Bummer, its raining." And in their head they would be screaming, "Yay!! I don't have to work out now!"

that's true... good way of looking at it! thanks :blushing:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I finally got in to my doc's for my first weigh-in since starting MFP, and I'm down from 315 to 301.5, so it was a good day. 2 more pounds, and hopefully I'll never see the 300's again. :wink:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I worked out this AM with 3 of my old video tapes. The Miracle Mile and 2 Sweating to the oldies. One right after the other.

I'm a huge sweatin' to the oldies fan! Whenever I start a weight loss program, it's always my first choice for cardio. :smile:
  • newDZ
    newDZ Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    started my run walk earlier
    walked-jog-walked-sprint-walked between parking meters
    instead of walking in place at a long stop light, i dropped to the ground, positioned my feet on the light pole and did crunches until the light changed at the (2) LONGEST stoplights.

and boy do i feel good:smooched: :smooched: :smooched:
  • Redneckwoman
    Redneckwoman Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I finally got in to my doc's for my first weigh-in since starting MFP, and I'm down from 315 to 301.5, so it was a good day. 2 more pounds, and hopefully I'll never see the 300's again. :wink:

Keep up the great work!!!! You'll get those 2 lbs gone before you know it!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    You guys rock!
  • Simplicity
    Simplicity Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    i started doing ab crunches in april but sort of gave up i was doing 30, 15secs rest 20, 15 secs rest then 10.
    today for the first time i did 80 rest 45 rest 30 so im dead chuffed soon i hope to do 100 75 50.
    my stomach was like solid rock after so i took my new before after picture lol im so vain (profile pic) but unfortunately it is still blessed with a layer of fat but it is decreasing definately. looking forward to this last stone to lose.

also for the first time i drenched my t shirt on the exercise bike not just damp i mean i couldn;t get it off it was so wet. lets see what tommorrow brings all i know is compared to monday my motivation is through the roof wooooooooo!!!!
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I pushed myself pretty hard in the gym on the treadmill, even though my calves were sore from yesterday's HIIT resistance workout.

I also discovered how much sodium I was eating :noway: Holy Pita Bread! No wonder I've plateaued haha. Beware the 'Health Food' gimmick! I'm now cooking my own turkey for sammiches- plus bought some sodium free bread. Yay!
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options
    I pushed myself pretty hard in the gym on the treadmill, even though my calves were sore from yesterday's HIIT resistance workout.

I also discovered how much sodium I was eating :noway: Holy Pita Bread! No wonder I've plateaued haha. Beware the 'Health Food' gimmick! I'm now cooking my own turkey for sammiches- plus bought some sodium free bread. Yay!

The sodium is ridiculous! I guess my brag is that I have been able to stay well under the sodium goal for the last month. That one used to be nearly impossible for me.

P.S. props for cooking your own turkey! I just stopped eating sandwiches. :laugh:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!