Pain in throat during exercise

Options
Last year I tried to get into running and whenever I would run I would get a pain in the back of my throat once the exercise started to get strenuous and when my breathing got heavy.

Well now I just started doing Turbo Fire (again) and its happening during that. I've done TF before and it never seemed to happen..usually only during running.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Replies

• shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    I know tht pain. I get it when I do HIITs. Just drink some water when you need to & it will go away when you've finished at can rest.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    yep. i think it happens to me when im doing more intense workouts.
  • Catwoman1037
    Catwoman1037 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I found this post from last year.

I get a severe throat when I run sprints and I am breathing so hard. Last week I almost had to leave the gym because I could not quit coughing - thankfully I had a cough drop in my purse. I had not been ill, so this was very strange.

This happended again yesterday with my sprints. Any thoughts?
  • fearlessfatty
    fearlessfatty Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I'm an ex-smoker and started having a burning in my throat and and anterior neck muscles when I ran. It was from too tight scalenes - muscles that help lift your upper ribs when you inhale or breathe heavily. Try some short stretches to your Sternocleidomastoid and scalenes as well as your pec major before and after you work out

here's a great youtube clip showing the neck stretches that helped me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59Pgz9plSd0
  • Catwoman1037
    Catwoman1037 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Thank you both - I will check these out! :smile:
  • mattagascar
    mattagascar Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Ease up on the intensity...i know you get eager but slow up and ease into it and the throat pain should go away.
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I experience pain in my throat sometimes too, but not when I exercise, its when I'm......well, nevermind :wink: