what do you do when you want something sweet?

Options

Replies

• katkrak
    katkrak Posts: 92
    Options
    Lindt or Ghiradelli's Dark Chocolate-the higher the Cocoa, the healthier for you. Lately, I've been having 1 piece of Ezekiel Low Sodium Bread with 1 Tbsp. Organic Peanut Butter and a small ripe Banana sliced on top, and it is very satisfying! Sugar Free Puddings and Jell-O's can tide me over too, or a Fudgesicle. I also make homemade Smoothies with Greek Yogurt, Fresh Fruit, and Protein Powder or Yogurt and Fruit Parfaits with Granola-YUM! Last, I just discovered Cocoa Roasted Amonds in Dark Chocolate and they are delicious!! :)
  • bkbradford
    bkbradford Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Fiber One Brownies, they are only 90 calories and with 4 ounces of fat free milk, so good. My friend Alynn also gave me a sample of her Special K fruit crisp strawberry bar, WOW, just like a pop tart, they are so good, only 100 calories per package.
  • MsQt
    MsQt Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I buy Extra Desert Delights Gum. They got apple pie, chocolate mint, strawberry cheese cake, and lime flavor. 5 calories each and you can't tell me that they don't taste like the real thing:laugh:
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I'm like addicted to honey. I roast some almonds real quick, take the big spoonful of honey and eat the roasted almonds with the honey. So yummy and tasty.

Also, my chocolate flavored protein shake + 1% milk is very satisfying :)
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    sour patch kids
    go hard or go home. screw the substitutes, id rather not have a treat for a while and have a candy i adoooooore. I dont really like anything thtats chocolate but nutella on whole wheat does the trick for sweetness too.
  • GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    sugar free fudgesicles, sugar free chocolate jello pudding, and my fave sugar free dulce de leche jello pudding
  • moejo3
    moejo3 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Jello Dark Chocolate Decadence Mousse 60 calories no sugar
  • healthyme155
    Options
    fiber one brownies are awesome! I also really like chocolate protein shakes with milk. They are just like chocolate milk to me. But sometimes I do just drink some chocolate milk! When I want to avoid eating something sweet I grab a piece of gum. extra makes an apple pie flavored gum that really tastes like apple pie! it's awesome for curbing a sweet tooth. I also enjoy peppermints...I have a major sweet tooth. Sometimes though you just gotta have what you crave...just make sure it fits your macros! ;)
  • katkrak
    katkrak Posts: 92
    Options
    www.skinnytaste.com has some awesome lower fat dessert recipes that are very flavorful and delicious too! ;)
  • missa0208
    missa0208 Posts: 25
    Options
    Dark chocolate or gummi bears but just a serving size to get me by. I will share with my husband so I know I don't have a chance to get more because he will eat it all lol.
  • MystiqueASAP
    MystiqueASAP Posts: 747
    Options
    I just have what I crave to get it out of the way. I don't deny myself.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    For me, it depends on what kind of sweet I want. Sometimes fruit or a homemade fruit smoothie hits the spot. Sometimes I want something creamier, and skinny cow ice cream is just right (sometimes yogurt hits the spot, sometimes I just have a small amount of regular ice cream), sometimes what I really want is a few squares of chocolate.

I have found that when I have a small kind of the sweet that I am craving I do fine. If I try to substitute something else I am often not satisfied and end up going for more and more attempts and get over calories :laugh:
  • peggymenard
    peggymenard Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I can't keep chocolate in the house or I will eat it all. When I have to have a reward, I will get a Ghirardelli carmel filled bar. Since I have been on MFP, I haven't had any.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    Diet Pepsi.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    ice cream or chocolate cake
  • mystiedragonfly
    mystiedragonfly Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    PROTEIN PUDDING

Ingredients
    ½ cup low fat Cottage Cheese
    ¼ cup granulated Splenda
    Cocoa, dry powder, unsweetened, 2 tbsp
    ½ scoop chocolate whey protein

Directions
    Blend all ingredients in blender until smooth and creamy! Then place in fridge for 20-30 min. Enjoy
    Serving Size: 2 servings
  • MissNations
    MissNations Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I usually just eat something sweet. Cake, ice cream, pie, almond croissant, a giant cookie as big as my face. Or sometimes, I drink a really great cup of coffee, black.
  • rahrahrita
    rahrahrita Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    a teaspoon of nutella.. either by itself or on half of a banana
    or a teaspoon of peanut butter and a bit of honey and i just suck on the spoon and savor it

or... if it's a day like today where i just don't really care, i go to Dairy Queen and get a mini blizzard :P
  • innocent75
    innocent75 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Whatever I want. lol Everything in moderation. ;) If I want a little bit of ice cream I will have some. I just don't go overboard like I used to.

I, as well, eat what I am craving. This is ok once in a while in moderation for me. I find if I don't " bite the bullet" I will break down and gorge myself on something.