Better to rest tonight or workout?

Options
iuali81
iuali81 Posts: 47 Member
I usually work out 6 days a week and take 1 day as a rest day. I recently joined a small gym and went to my first group training session last night. It kicked my butt! I am a little sore today. I also have my first 1:1 session with my trainer tomorrow for 50 mins, where she will no doubt kick my butt again.

So, my question is, should I work out tonight, or use this as my rest day to give my body a break before tomorrow? I don't mind working out tonight, but I'm also tired from my baby being up several times last night. I usually save my rest day for the weekend, but we have nothing going on, so I can work out Sat & Sun. I guess my question is, is it better for my muscles to rest today given that they are sore, or is it better to push them again tonight?

Thanks!

Replies

• modernmom70
    modernmom70 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I would either rest or just do a mild cardio workout.
  • sl1ngsh0t
    sl1ngsh0t Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I think you need to decide based on what's best for you, your commitments, and current tasks at hand.
  • Dahllywood
    Dahllywood Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Do what feels natural to your body. If you are tired, listen to your body and rest
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Sounds as if it might be a good day to take a rest - especially if you are working with PT tomorrow - it they are anything like my PT they might try and kill you - or actually get a good idea of where you are strength wise - so being refreshed will be good.

Don't knock yourself for taking rest days - your body does need them (well that is what everyone tells me ;-))