Anyone tried Hoodia pills?

Options
Just wondering about peoples experiences with them.

Replies

• chris1816
    chris1816 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    So...google. Because all I am going to give you is info I researched and used my brain thingy to interpret.

So it looks like it is a natural appetite suppresent.

So is coffee, so is green tea, so is yerba mate tea; all because of caffeine.

I didn't bother to look at how expensive this stuff is, so you tell me?
  • PhoebeC123
    PhoebeC123 Posts: 28
    Options
    Just wanted personal opinions from people that have tried it as a lot of testimonials online are fake.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,707 Member
    Options
    Don't waste your money. Supplements only attribute to 1% of overall body weight/fat loss.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • chris1816
    chris1816 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Wasn't being a smartass.

Well, okay I was.

Anyone here would suggest prior to your post you do some searches on the forums, plenty ask about diet pills daily. The general rule with diet pills, mass gainers, herbal hormone boosters is as follows: If it is legal? It probably doesn't work. The testemonials you will find online for most of this stuff are fake specifically because most diet pills are well, fake.

The primary ingredient in any given diet pill is some kind of appetite suppressent, almost always caffeine, and almost always no more potent than drinking a cup of coffee or black tea. You sometimes have other ingredients that are extracted from herbs, low glycemic index food items, or tree bark (Yohimbine for example).

Nonetheless they all tend to fall into a couple of categories (I am at work else I would MSPaint up a Venn Diagram for you)

All are snake oil.

All are inneffective.

Most are dangerous.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Stop looking for a short-cut...the ONLY proven Healthy method to a healthy lifestyle is eating right and moving the body. There are a TON of supplement questions out there on the boards, use the search.
  • ChristinaOlliver
    ChristinaOlliver Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I tried hoodia a long time ago and wouldn't recommend them. I felt a bit sick and though it did seem like my appetite was suppressed, I don't know how much of it was just in my head because of a placebo effect - to be honest the appetite suppression wasn't really that much. All in all for me they were a waste of money. If you're trying to lost weight, then doing it the proper and healthy way is the only way you will lose it AND keep it off. If you've just started this programme, then it's natural for you to feel hungry at the beginning and your body will adjust - you don't need pills for that.
  • brittany103
    brittany103 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I have a green tea with hoodia supplement. I bought it awhile ago and taking it now before it expires. Your supposed to take two a day twice a day but I only take it in the morning and not everyday. I don't think it's doing anything extra but I've heard green tea is good for you so I guess it can't be too bad for me either. As for suppressing my appetite I think it's more of the cup of water I need to take my other pills every morning. I doubt I'll buy it again.
  • Louise1247
    Louise1247 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    I tried a product called JIMPNESS BEAUTY and it kick started my weight-loss at a loss of 3lb in the first 3 days, however, I am not losing myself so I think it was more a placebo than something that helped :)

I tried so many times before and failed- this time i used this and am doing well :)
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Cool answer smart *kitten*.
    Just wanted personal opinions from people that have tried it as a lot of testimonials online are fake.

For what it's worth I didn't think it was a smart-*kitten* reply.

I haven't tried it because I believe it's a waste of money, as are just about ALL diet products.