Dog Food

Options
AMaro215
AMaro215 Posts: 78 Member
What kind of dog food do you use? We give our dogs Diamond Lamb and Rice Lite... Diamond just had a recall on some of there foods for samonella. Im just curious to what everyone uses because we are giving our dogs a pricier food and now this is Diamonds 2nd recall that I have known of... Just makes me wonder if we should switch foods.. Our food wasnt one recalled but it was pretty darn close... The original Lamb and Rice was recalled which they were on until we switched them to the lite about a year ago to help them lose weight...what do u think?

Replies

• JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    We just buy our dog Purina. The vet seemed ok with that.
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I feed my dogs Pinnacle Grain Free Salmon and Potato.
  • JeepBaja
    JeepBaja Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    My Black & Tan Coonhound is not picky, we feed him Kirkland Chicken & Rice and often I will put a scoop of hot white rice with his dinner. No health issues and he walks 3-4 miles a day with me and hikes up to 10 miles often :)
  • iwantahealthierme13
    iwantahealthierme13 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I have a cat, I feed him Royal Canin cat food. If I had a dog, I would still stay with Royal Canin (obviously the dog food)
  • tabatha_burris
    Options
    We give our Purrinea I think is the brand but we give them Puppy chow I know its the blue bag that says puppy chow in big writing lol! Our vet reccommended it but thats bc our momma dog had puppies so her and the puppies need puppy chow but Im guessing the dog chow would be just as good thats what I plan to switch to when they are done with puppy chow!
  • taxidermist15
    taxidermist15 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    am i the only one who feeds thier dog leftovers?

veggies, rice, pasta.. whatever we eat, she gets some. Not a picky eater, as we have done this since we got her at 6 months. Needless to say, 8 years later, healthy as a horse, great weight , and has tonnes of energy.
    we did this with our last dog and she lived to a lovely ripe ol age of 19.