Hi All

Options
Hi to everyone - I have been using MFP for a month or so now - love it !!! I have more than 50lbs I would like to lose and have been working out since November with no real weight lose, I think because up until recently I wasn't really watching what I was eating.

I quit smoking in July (finally!!!) after a pack a day habit for 30 years - I would love to know if it is hard to lose weight because I quit smoking and does it lower your metabolism? I think I look better and sure do feel better now - if you asked me 6months ago, I would have given a different answer though...

Replies

• kellyyjean
    kellyyjean Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck on your weight loss. Good for you for quitting smoking. That is quite an accomplishment.
  • dawnberndtson
    Options
    I was told that when you smoke you only absorb 1/3 of the food you actually eat. When you stop you start absorbing more and more of everything you eat. I dont know how true it is, but it makes sense to me.
  • LisaF1163
    LisaF1163 Posts: 141
    Options
    HUGE congratulations to quitting smoking - that's a real accomplishment! Please feel free to add me as a friend if you want encouragement - the folks around here are very nice and helpful from what I've seen!