College Survival Kit

Options
2»

Replies

• alecta337
    alecta337 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    There are a ton of great ideas, but I want to add that a package halfway through the semester is a really nice treat/surprise. It will make her know that someone at home is thinking about her.

The stuff that I always want to get in a care package is just normal stuff that I used to have at home all the time. Chances are she either can't afford or won't get the same stuff that your parents get for you, so getting her that exact stuff she had at home will comfort her.

My mom baked me a cake once and kept it in the metal thing and mailed it to me across the country for my birthday, it was super awesome =] I didn't care if it was a little dry, it was a home-cooked cake from my mommie =]
  • EuroReady
    EuroReady Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    One of those alarm clocks with wheels that roll around until you wake up, get out of bed and shut it off. Man, I wish I had one of those. Coffee travel mug, desk lamp, I agree on the duct tape!, gift cards to places near by (especially convenience stores), pictures of family and friends, really good headphones, change for the vending machines, pepper spray (seriously)
  • cranford_s
    cranford_s Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Note cards. Lots of note cards.

And yes to the planner & organizer, if she's the organizational type.

Also- a mini-first aid kit. You don't think about those things until you really need them, haha. (Oh, and my fiance and I started over a Spiderman band-aid hahahaha)
  • aagnew01
    aagnew01 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Ibuprofen, candy, a shower caddy
  • hillary124
    hillary124 Posts: 112
    Options
    Chewing gum, duct tape, plastic utensils, paper bowls/plates/cups, rubber flip flops, small vacuum, power strip to plug in multiple appliances, nutella, umbrella, peanut butter, Luna bars!