Movie reMAKES or misTAKES????

Options
they want to remake Drop Dead Fred with Russell Brand and redo the whole story line!!! instead of having it be about Elizabeth needing to cope with her grown-up issues its ALL about imaginary friends and its going to be a Tim Burton film
Remake or Mistake?!?!?!?

they also want to remake the original Childs Play. instead of it being about a young boy, Andy will be 17!!!!!! and the girl (tiffany) wont be in it! they also are going to make Chucky more dark and LITTLE TO NO COMEDY
Remake or Mistake?!?!?

they also want to redo Robocop...i dont know much about it though!!
Remake or mistake?!?!

Replies

• Pengi81
    Pengi81 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Drop Dead Fred? Mistake - why try to fix what ain't broken?

There is no way Russell BLAND will be as funny as Rik Mayall in that role!

All those sound like a mistake to me

Film makers just aren't original anymore with all their remakes!

It's actually quite annoying!
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    The only remake off the top of my head was Dawn of the Dead. The only thing that sucked was running zomhies!
  • nay1228
    nay1228 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I think they would suck. LOL.

But Arnold wasn't in Robocop...it was Peter Weller. = )
  • KaydeeMehl
    KaydeeMehl Posts: 88
    Options
    Drop Dead Fred? Mistake - why try to fix what ain't broken?

There is no way Russell BLAND will be as funny as Rik Mayall in that role!

All those sound like a mistake to me

Film makers just aren't original anymore with all their remakes!

It's actually quite annoying!

i totally agree!!! all of them are going to be horrible!! drop dead fred was my all time favorite movie as a child!!!! i swear if this movie goes wrong Russel Brand will loose alot of fans!!!

c'mon the famous "cob-webs" was the joke in my house!!! i was like 5 and i would walk around on my back and go under my grandmothers/brothers/mothers legs and say "COBWEBS!!" and die laughing. only if i knew back then what i knew now, i would of NEVER done that. but its true "kids will be kids" lmao
  • KaydeeMehl
    Options
    I think they would suck. LOL.

But Arnold wasn't in Robocop...it was Peter Weller. = )

lmao ooops i must of been thinking about Terminater lmao. thanks for the edit!! lol but i do think they will ALL suck!!
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I don't think I've ever seen a remake that I thought was better than the originial

also, DON'T REMAKE DROP DEAD FRED!!!!!!!!!! that was my favorite movie growing up, they can't ruin it for me! :sad:
  • KaydeeMehl
    Options
    Universal Pictures is developing a remake of Drop Dead Fred for Russell Brand to star in, says The Hollywood Reporter.

Dennis McNicholas (upcoming Land of the Lost) will write the remake. Marc Platt is producing via his studio-based Marc Platt Productions along with Working Title's Tim Bevan and Eric Fellner.

The 1991 original starred Phoebe Cates as a wallflower who loses her job and husband during the course of a lunch hour. Forced to live back home, she's reunited with her childhood imaginary friend (Brit actor Rik Mayall), who promises to help but causes more havoc.

The trade says the take for the update is to make a film in the tone of Beetlejuice, building a universe around the concept of imaginary friends. Brand would play the trouble-making pal.

omg this is going to SUCK!!!
  • Pengi81
    Options
    I was beginning to think me and my bezzy mate were the only people who liked that film - glad there are others who also appreciate it!

"We're making pants pie!"
  • Pengi81
    Options
    Usually I love Tim Burton's stuff - but this is going to make me hate him!

They could at least try and find somebody a lot more talented than Russell Brand - the main just ain't funny!
  • LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Most remakes stink, imo. As much as I love Tim Burton/Johnny Depp combo I'm not loving his remake of Dark Shadows either. And Drop Dead Fred was an awesome movie, don't see the point of changing it .
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    *sigh* Can NO ONE come up with an original idea anymore?
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Ugh. No. Just NO.

Also, can we just admit that the Burton/Depp genius peaked with Edward Scissorhands? Now it's just getting sad. They need to do a trial separation. For the sake of the kids (us.)
  • KaydeeMehl
    Options
    I was beginning to think me and my bezzy mate were the only people who liked that film - glad there are others who also appreciate it!

"We're making pants pie!"

NOPE i have been loving that movie since i could crawl!!! i have it on VHS, and i watch it all the time lol
  • KaydeeMehl
    Options
    Ugh. No. Just NO.

The Burton/Depp genius peaked with Edward Scissorhands. Now it's just getting sad. They need to do a trial separation. For the sake of the kids (us.)

yea Depp isnt in this one though. its going to be Russell Brand....honestly, i think that they need to leave it a lone. Maybe touch up the color or even make it into 3D and re-release it. But not redo it....
  • Pengi81
    Options
    Ugh. No. Just NO.

The Burton/Depp genius peaked with Edward Scissorhands. Now it's just getting sad. They need to do a trial separation. For the sake of the kids (us.)

yea Depp isnt in this one though. its going to be Russell Brand....honestly, i think that they need to leave it a lone. Maybe touch up the color or even make it into 3D and re-release it. But not redo it....

The original in 3D would be quite epic - especially when he boings all over the place after Lizzie sneezes at the gladiolies
  • KaydeeMehl
    Options
    Ugh. No. Just NO.

The original in 3D would be quite epic - especially when he boings all over the place after Lizzie sneezes at the gladiolies

definatley would be AMAZING!!!! i think they should of done that like 5+years ago....they only took drop dead fred off the shelves because it was to "ronchy" for children....WELL THEN EFFIN RE-RATE it and give it to us adults!!!
  • Pengi81
    Options
    It's not even raunchy really

They probably more worried that the mischief in the film will rub off on children and give them ideas for pranks!
  • KaydeeMehl
    Options
    It's not even raunchy really

They probably more worried that the mischief in the film will rub off on children and give them ideas for pranks!

haha i know it did for me!!! i used to try to pull everything i learned in that movie, AND i would blame it on my "imaginary friend" Sean the leprechaun lmao
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I always wanted to make a mud pie in the house, but never had the guts to actually do it.
  • KaydeeMehl
    Options
    I always wanted to make a mud pie in the house, but never had the guts to actually do it.

lol i did it but my ingrediants were....mudd, mudd, mudd, pancakes, oj, sugar and strawberries. there is literaly still a stain on my grandmothers carpet lmao