Options
HI Pebbs,

Just starting the thread. . .

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    OK,

I always worry that while I'm writing my daily novel/post someone else will start and then we'll have two threads. . .what can I say, I worry a lot.

So, my goals are shifting a bit.

First, I'm trying the six mini meals a day thing. I've actually done it by accident for the past two days because I've been hungry all the time. I'm taking it as a sign from my metabolism. Also, I read somewhere (I think it was a Banks' post) that it's just as bad to eat too many calories at a time as it is to overeat for the whole day. I've been looking back over my logs, and that's definitely something I do on a too regular basis. (think 800-900 calories in a meal and then tiny meals the rest of the day. . .naughty.)

Second, I'm seriously committing to cardio. . .taking advantage of my mild out of shapeness and getting those bigger calorie burns while I can. Oh, and side note. . .I got very bold and wore my HRM to Bikram yesterday (I beeped twice and had to apologize to the woman next to me afterwards. . .tres mortifying) and I burned 748 calories in the 90 minutes. (I've only been counting 400.) Also, any backbending or balancing posture had my HR up to the high 80/90 percent range. . so it's sort of like interval training. It sat at around 70 percent for most of the class. . .I was impressed.

And last (this is my hardest one) I'm limiting eating out to one time a week, period. My husband and I had "date night at home" the other night, and it was actually great. I still ate too much, but I knew exactly what was in the food I ate. I'm pretty sure that even with my best intentions, I underestimate the amount of calories in restaurant food.

Also, I took the last of my birthday money I had socked away and I made an appointment with a nutritionist! I'm actually very excited about that one.

OK, that was actually a novel. All apologies. Here's the summary:

Today is:
    elliptical at the gym (in the wonderful air conditioning)
    waters
    300-400 calories every three to four hours
    shopping errands in the sunshine.

Hope everyone has a brilliant day.
    Take care boogaloo!:flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    V, write away! I love hearing from all my ladies! Unfortunately I don't have much time to comment. :wink: I hope that the cardio and six meals thing work out for you and gives you the change you are hoping for!
    I am really blowing it ladies. I'm not really overeating but I've been eating a lot. I didn't feel good yesterday so I ate. I also bought too much stuff that involves chocolate. It seems I am wanting comfort food this week. It scares me about next week when TOM comes. It's just been a rough week, mostly emotionally.
    Today has started off just about as weird as the rest of the week. I hustled to get Alex ready for swim class, skipping breakfast, and when we got there we found out they closed the pool a week early for maintenance. :grumble: I set up the little pool in the back and we will go out there later. I have got to get the house cleaned up for the prayer meeting tonight (any prayer requests? I'm serious!) and it looks like things are moving ahead for a garage sale at some point so I need to get started on all that. I really don't want to do it, but people are already offering us nice furniture to put out. We may need about three drive ways for all the stuff. We're asking for stuff from church people, my husband's work customers etc. I was thinking about having some kids come and sell lemonade and cookies/brownies for us since it's going to be probably over 100*.
    I need to get busy. I have a lot to do in a short amount of time and no mojo. I'll be fine once I get going.
    I hope you all have a good day!
    MM:happy:
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I agree with MM, V - write all you want! I enjoy reading your thoughts. I have already eaten out twice this weekend! Good luck with your new plan. I think you are probably right about the really large meals being a potential problem - my husband eats that way naturally (he is too anxious to eat much early in the day, and then tends to eat a lot at night to make up for it), and has been having a hard time losing the last 10 pounds he wants to lose. MM, I'm sorry you are struggling right now. Try not to be too hard on yourself! :flowerforyou:

I haven't a clue how many calories I am eating lately. We had lunch at Wegmans, our fabulous local grocery store chain with a million food bar options. I had a small bowl of veggie cashew chili, some greens with sunflower seeds and a handful of blueberries, a marinated brussel sprout, two cubes of herbed tofu, a slice of almond-crusted tempeh, a little scoop of bean salad, some crazy fried chickpeas, a couple pieces of curried cauliflower, and a little scoop of grain salad. Oh, and some fresh lemonade. :noway: There's no way I would ever try and add all that up. It makes me tired just to think about it. I tried to keep my overall portions very small and I was only a little full after I finished it all. So I count that as pretty good. :wink:

A friend is visiting right now and we took advantage of today being absolutely gorgeous to go on a little hike near the lake, and then kayaking for an hour and a half. Not intense exercise, by any means, but certainly better than nothing.

Beautiful Saturday boogaloo!