P90x!

Options

Replies

• tobirhae
    tobirhae Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Today is day 52 of P90X for me. I love it! I saw really good results the first month. I do my month 2 measurements this weekend, so we'll see how those results are. I feel better and my clothes are fitting better, but I haven't really lost any weight. I love most of the workouts, but the second round of strength workouts (chest, shoulders and triceps and back and biceps) really kicked my butt! I'm amazed at how much stronger I am now than when I started. :)
  • PSantos1
    PSantos1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    So due to a hectic weekend where I worked almost 24 hours worth of waiting tables, I missed two days of P90X. I missed Yoga and Legs. Today is scheduled to be kenpo. Should I continue with Kenpo today or do legs, using my rest day this week to catch up?
  • TXHunny84
    TXHunny84 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow I start Phase 2!!! (week 5) I'm excited! I hope I get better results than phase one tho...Honestly I am really wanting to drop some pant sizes! Two pant sizes at least..... Waiting is the hardest part. grrr
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    So due to a hectic weekend where I worked almost 24 hours worth of waiting tables, I missed two days of P90X. I missed Yoga and Legs. Today is scheduled to be kenpo. Should I continue with Kenpo today or do legs, using my rest day this week to catch up?

I used to use my rest day to catch up on missed workouts. Maybe do that if you are not too tired?
  • strikerjb007
    strikerjb007 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice folks!!

I now have all of the equipment I need for P90X, short of a Yoga block. I'm about to start week 2. Upping my resistance and weights and attempting the pull up bar as much as I can. Gravity loves to hold on tight to my 189 lb. self!

Let's do this!

Any chance you still have your gloves? Use them while you do this workout. Trust me.
  • strikerjb007
    Options
    Tomorrow I start Phase 2!!! (week 5) I'm excited! I hope I get better results than phase one tho...Honestly I am really wanting to drop some pant sizes! Two pant sizes at least..... Waiting is the hardest part. grrr

How is that going for you? Waiting is the hardest part. Stay focused.
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I'm doing P90X. I finished one round, now I'm doing another.
  • TXHunny84
    TXHunny84 Posts: 503 Member
    Options

How is that going for you? Waiting is the hardest part. Stay focused.

I haven't lost any pant sizes but I am still doing the P90x. I am hoping it'll melt off soon. :)
  • PSantos1
    PSantos1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options

I now have all of the equipment I need for P90X, short of a Yoga block. I'm about to start week 2. Upping my resistance and weights and attempting the pull up bar as much as I can. Gravity loves to hold on tight to my 189 lb. self!

Let's do this!

Any chance you still have your gloves? Use them while you do this workout. Trust me.

Hell yes! Been using my weight lifting gloves since week 2. they are a huge help!

As a report, I have broken my 190lb. plateau and I'm down around 185. My body is taking on a different shape.

On to my week 4 tomorrow.
  • MissesJai
    MissesJai Posts: 48
    Options
    I'm on month 2 of my first round. I've lost 12 inches all over my body and am down 9 lbs since I started. I am stronger, have more endurance, and feel great! Keep at it - don't give up! I plan on doing a round of Insanity after I finish this round of P90X. Once finished, I may do another round of P90X. Good luck!
  • relly1008
    relly1008 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hi I starting my 3rd week now, planning to do doubles, so anyone here please feel free to give any advice i still a little lost about what to eat.
  • relly1008
    relly1008 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Day 4 today, Yoga X. I quit after 30 min. Although the stretch for the legs was very welcome as I was incredibly sore from the first 3 days, the workout was just too repetitive.

Is it just me? Should I try again? Is it worth fighting through?

Advice needed!

Yes, you should give it a go with the Yoga (at least during your first round). It is repetitive but it forces you to use a lot of your own body weight that it is almost strength training and you are stretching at the same time.

I will suggest that you try it again. I did it during my first round but skipped it during the second one.

I don't like yoga either but force me to do at least an hour, cause i know is good for the muscles
  • MariaMariaM
    Options

Let's do this!

Hell yes! Been using my weight lifting gloves since week 2. they are a huge help!

As a report, I have broken my 190lb. plateau and I'm down around 185. My body is taking on a different shape.

On to my week 4 tomorrow.

That is awesome!! Congrats!
  • MariaMariaM
    Options
    I'm on month 2 of my first round. I've lost 12 inches all over my body and am down 9 lbs since I started. I am stronger, have more endurance, and feel great! Keep at it - don't give up! I plan on doing a round of Insanity after I finish this round of P90X. Once finished, I may do another round of P90X. Good luck!

Wow, great progress! You will be amazed with Month 3!
  • ocshannon714
    ocshannon714 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am picking up p90x today from a friend.
  • gsordahl
    gsordahl Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'd also love more p90x friends! I do 3 weeks & restarted with a friend now on week 5! Feel free to add me, log daily & on throughout the day!
  • strikerjb007
    Options
    If you are looking for help and support on your P90X journey, message me. I have an awesome accountability group on FB. We post results, encourage each other and most importantly, we have have fun!!
  • coachbeav
    coachbeav Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have learned a whole lot in my journey with Beachbody so if anyone needs help and support I'd love to help. I am always looking for people to motivate and help me so add me!
  • dwightdegroff
    dwightdegroff Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I am in the midst of a P90X/Insanity hybrid. Currently, I am only doing the P90X portion while I recover from a knee injury. Still working very well. =D
  • jtechyjenny
    jtechyjenny Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm on my 4th day of P90 and im down 5lbs already. I am combining with a 1200 calorie diet.