No weight loss over 2 months

Options
2»

Replies

• Tourney3p0
    Tourney3p0 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I may be considered at a healthy weight, but I'm really dissatisfied with how I look, so I'd like to lose that last 10-20 lbs, which of COURSE are the hardest, haha.

If you're already at a healthy weight and you're dissatisfied with your body, losing 20 pounds and moving into the underweight category isn't going to give you a better-looking body. It's going to make you look exactly like you already do, but with a lot more ribs showing. Ribs aren't sexy. What you're looking for is tone, and you're already at a weight that would show it off if there was any to show off.

Switch from light cardio (which is going to accomplish nothing at your weight) to weight lifting and other muscle-building exercises. Up your calories to maintenance. Eat until your "Calories remaining" are zero, or very close to it.

You mentioned earlier that you can't do strength training since you quit the gym. There are lots of alternatives you can do at home, but I can promise you that more cardio and a calorie deficit is not going to be a suitable substitute for what you're trying to accomplish.
  • adietron
    adietron Posts: 155
    Options
    You mentioned earlier that you can't do strength training since you quit the gym.
    You can definitely accomplish muscle tone and resistance training without a gym membership.

There is an awesome Nike iPhone app that has a ton of resistance exercises in it. You would not believe how many types of push-ups, dips, squats, lunges, and ab exercises you can do in your living room...
  • osualex
    osualex Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Gonna cosign with everyone that says you already look great! Can I ask how tall you are? It really looks like you are at the optimal weight for your body, but if you have some jiggle that is really bugging you, start lifting. I'm heavier than you and I've already seen HUGE improvements in my body with strength training. Ignore the scale and go by how your clothes feel.
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Another vote for the lifting, you don't look like you need to lose any more weight.
    Set your cals to maintenance, eat back exercise and work on body composition rather than weight loss. You will stay the same weight or maybe even gain a little, but you will lose inches and look better :-)
    There are plenty of exercises you can do without a gym.

Re your food, get plenty of protein, fruit & veggies, whole grains, healthy fats, etc, try and have fresh home cooked food as much as possible, and get at least 8 cups of water a day.
  • HisBoswell
    HisBoswell Posts: 12
    Options
    First of all, I agree with a lot of the posts, you look great!! Looking at your food diary, I was wondering if you are a vegetarian? I don't see much or any meat or protein. You may want to up your protein levels, also things like regular pasta and pasta sauce quickly turn to sugar leaving you feeling hungry. Try switching to whole wheat pasta and make a simple tomato sauce from scratch that you can control the sugar level. Keep up the good work tracking and you will do great.

I'm not a vegetarian, I just don't have meat very often, haha
  • HisBoswell
    HisBoswell Posts: 12
    Options
    Gonna cosign with everyone that says you already look great! Can I ask how tall you are? It really looks like you are at the optimal weight for your body, but if you have some jiggle that is really bugging you, start lifting. I'm heavier than you and I've already seen HUGE improvements in my body with strength training. Ignore the scale and go by how your clothes feel.

I'm 5'7"
  • osualex
    osualex Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Well, looking at your profile, it seems you are at a healthy weight. I would increase calories to maintenance and start lifting. Your body may pleasantly surprise you and drop a few pounds anyway, but even if it doesn't, building your muscles will make you look how you want to look.