Anyone using couch to 5k as well as this site?

Options
2»

Replies

• tammihart
    tammihart Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I am on week 2 and have lost 8 lbs! Would love to know others doing the same.

Starting May 14. getting new running shoes for Mothers day. I hope I have the weightloss you did! Good Job
    I too will be doing 30 DS on off days
  • DaveC29
    DaveC29 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday, May 1st. Using Interval Run training on my I Phone. What is everyone else using?

I personally use RunKeeper (I have an Android)... The IPhone has an app that is called IRunSmooth that I am told is a little bit better with Intervals/Splits, etc. Would try it if I could!
  • jmatney79
    jmatney79 Posts: 80
    Options
    Starting tomorrow!! SO excited!! I am in a lot better shape than the first time I tried it!
  • jella74
    jella74 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I started W3 yesterday! It's been 71days since I started my 1200 cal diet with adipex and c2-5k on Mon, Wed & Fri, I do insanity on my off days and take Sunday for my rest and "cheat" day. So far I lost 19 pounds!!

I use mapmyrun and C2-5kPro for android.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!
  • Jwarn001
    Jwarn001 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a C25K program and have singed up to run a 5K July 3rd. I did my first timed mile tonight to gauge my progress and clocked one mile at 10:34. I've definitely lost weight but I'm also still lifting weights and doing resistance training in order to maintain muscle mass as I lose the fat.
  • tinana_RN
    tinana_RN Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I am in week 5 :glasses:
  • teeburke00
    teeburke00 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am starting the couch to 5k tomorrow. 8lbs in two weeks is super.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I just started it Monday and did day 2 today. So far I love it. I'm sure that'll change soon though! lol

I think it's easy for me because I've been walking a lot... almost 400 miles since January. I tried the marines program which is pretty much the same but they have you walk first and build up speed/mileage a lot slower. I got burn't out and just walked instead, going at a good pace but at one I 'enjoy'. Now I'm doing the same with the C25K and I think I'm going to love it.

I'm using the iphone C25k treadmill app and I love it since it changes colors when you switch from running to walking & that makes it easy to see since I can't hear it. (I watch movies while on the treadmill)
  • dmf711
    dmf711 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    my next session will be week 5 day 2. i'm so amazed at how well i'm doing. i can't remember the last time i could run for so long (even when i played sports in high school!) i haven't signed up for anything yet but i'm keeping my eyes open for the perfect 5k that will fit in about a week after i finish the program so that i can keep drilling a 5k run to get used to it.

i have a droid phone so i use rundouble. can't talk it up enough!
  • yummymummy52
    yummymummy52 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I took the plunge and started this last week. Completed week 2 day 1 this evening and I am really enjoying it so far.

I've never been a fan of running but this is so well put together that even the most run phobic person can give it a go. I'm already seeing a difference in my stamina and looking forward to my next session.
  • justmstry
    justmstry Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have to say that when I was reading these posts and everyone was saying "I love it", I was laughing and shaking my head. All that I could think of was what was running through my head tonight when I was starting my Week 1 Day 3 work out. I just kept hearing my inner voice say, "I really don't want to do this, I REALLY don't want to do this. I hate running, I HATE running! Is this ever going to be over?!"

I did my first day on Monday and my legs hurt until Thursday (yesterday). I did day 2 yesterday and my legs were a little sore this morning but almost back to normal after work. So, I decided to do day 3 tonight. Saying that I enjoy it, or look forward to it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I really don't do either of those things, but here is what I do enjoy and look forward to.

I enjoy going to the track with my entire family and getting my exercise in with them instead of alone. I have a 2 year old and a 5 year old and they enjoy playing on the football field while my husband and I "run/walk". I love the fact that my husband is so supportive that he allowed me to drag him along on this journey of mine. He is retired Navy, so although normal workouts are nothing new to him, they aren't anything that he really looked forward to doing after he retired. He pushes me and keeps me going when I don't think that I can. I love that I have a sense of accomplishment when I am done. I look forward to a healthier, happier, thinner life that I will achieve because of my hard work. But I must repeat, I do NOT love this doing this program!
  • Meaganandcheese
    Meaganandcheese Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    week 6 here!
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    I have my week 9, day 3 run scheduled for Sunday and then i'll be a c25k graduate! Yay!

I signed up for a 5k on Memorial Day (May 28th) to benefit the Red Cross. I'm so excited to run my first 5k! I seriously can't say enough good stuff about the c25k program. I've said it before, but i'll say it again: I have asthma and a heart problem and c25k was gentle enough to get me running 30 minutes straight in a little over 2 months. It is SOOOOO worth it! Good luck to everyone who is doing it! You're gonna kick some butt!
  • RoadkingDavid
    RoadkingDavid Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I am on day 1 of c25k. would love to share the journey!
  • ipsamet
    ipsamet Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Almost done with week 6 and have found out that I love running! Who knew!
  • Inselkind
    Inselkind Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Almost done with week 6 and have found out that I love running! Who knew!

Same here :)
    Finished week 6 yesterday and am actually looking forward to starting week 7 tomorrow. Never would have expected it to be so much fun to be honest.