Team Desousa

Options
OK everyone. I am a little late to the game (1 week off, I actually spent last week gaining weight, my moms cooking) but I am ready drop some pounds. We should log in daily so we can keep each other motivated or answer each others questions. We have 3 months to reach our goals. This is only one step in our life long journey.

Dont forget everyday cant be perfect but if we just follow the plans we have set for ourselves then we reach our goals.

My goal is to eat 1500-1800 calories per day and work out for 1 hour a day. Some days maybe a little longer for a workout if I need a study break. Also after today No alcohol for me until we are done.

I have been a personal trainer in the past and my degree was in exercise phys so I might be able to answer some questions.

The most important thing is to stick to the program.

Dont forget to take some before and after pictures they can be very motivating.

Good luck everyone. YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!

Replies

• Rimi
    Rimi Posts: 1
    Options
    Is it better to eat before or after a work out? and what kind of food i.e. protein? carbs? would be best?
  • triben
    triben Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    This is a question that could be answered in many ways depending if it was for weight loss, body building or endurance training. For basic weight loss 5-6 well portioned meals per day split up evenly is suppose to increase the metabolism and prevent over eating. I try and do a 40/40/20 of carbs/protein/fat. There are many differnent ways to divide the carb/protein/fat but I find this way to work well without getting sick of one food group or the other. Less fat is better and protein is not directly used as a fuel (this is the methode behind the atkins diet).

For weight loss timing is not as important. You just want to make sure that you give at least an hour between eating and intense exercise. If you exercise too early you might get stomach cramps. I like to exercise before dinner because I am less hungry and eat less at dinner (this is not based in science, just my opinion). If you exercise early in the morning before breakfast then you might want to eat a banana because you might feel hypoglycemic. If it is not intense then you can get by without some morning calories. Early exercise is suppose to energize you (I just cant wake up and do it, I hate the mornings).

I hope this helps.
  • triben
    Options
    OK guys it was a good day.

615 calories burned
    1755 calories consumed
    BMR 1985

Deficit of 840 calories, good start 3500 calories equals 1 pound of fat.

Lets see some posts team
  • triben
    Options
    Whats up team. Everyone is so non-active. we need to log our info so we can be accountable. Make your diaries pubic or viewable by friends

I will be at 1800 calories again for today. Worked out for an hour and I will get 50 pullups and 100 push ups in today.

The work week is when it will be hard to keep up the diet and exercise so stay positive and know you can do it.
  • Bluemouth8
    Bluemouth8 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    OK, I only ate a bagel with cheese from Bigby around 6am, but I added peanut butter and jelly to it because it was free...I know that's gross, but I did it "because I could". Post call exercise and sticking to a diet is hard! Good thing I'm not postcall again for a month. I am going to try to go for a run before dinner.
  • Bluemouth8
    Options
    Remember the $210 prize!!!
  • aurora6
    aurora6 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    i just figured out how to do this! awesome idea, TEAM!

i have to be better about logging food.

i've done pretty well with working out, but mostly cardio...

i'll work on posting more often. SUPER idea!

You rock!

:bigsmile:
  • aurora6
    Options
    oh! the triathlon?

http://www.eliteendeavors.com/race_waterloo.htm

anyone who wants to should do it!

i'm kinda nervous about it...5 miles of running will be a stretch. i did it at the gym the other day, and it was ok, but that was without swimming or biking first...
  • aurora6
    Options
    people. where are you??? what happened???
  • cdbobcat
    cdbobcat Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i have been delinquent in keeping up with this site. i have been working out, and can now run one mile on a treadmill without stopping. i am hoping to work out to 3 miles and run in the Howell Melon Run on August 14th. Then, maybe a triathlon like super V!!!!
  • Bluemouth8
    Options
    Biggest Loser particpants! I hope you are all working hard. At least harder than me! I really need to get into this! So, let's start by first awarding the first mini-prize.... Vanessa wins with 3 # lost since starting BL over a month ago. She can choose between $10 to ITunes or $10 in instant win lotto tickets. She lost the most out of anyone that has been logging as an active participant. Congratulations Vanessa! She also ran 2 triathalons in 1 month!
    Big shout out goes to Justin too who finally joined BL on myfitnesspal. Please add him as a friend- jjseller

Finally, if you still have to contribute your $30, don't forget to do so by the end of this month!