help always hungry - filling foods???

Hi all, need some help. i am always hungry, i do boot camp, jog, walk and no matter what im constantly hungry. i find it so hard to stick with 1200 calories.. thank goodness for excercise calories - i eat them all and even then i go over a bit some days.
i understand now why i am not loosing weight however the hungry feeling kicks in even 1 hour after i eat a meal. its just wrong.
anyone know of low calorie food that fills you up... i drink loads of water as well so its not my body telling me im thirsty oh and i dont sleep well either - wake up many times a night and i am always feeling tired.

any suggestions ? would be much appreciated. :blushing:

Replies

• Tourney3p0
    Tourney3p0 Posts: 290 Member
    Is your weekly weight loss goal too aggressive? If your daily allocated calories go below 1200, MFP will automatically set it to 1200. What is your BMR?

I realize it's not an answer to your question, but it's possible you're always hungry because you legitimately should be eating more.
  • RenVan
    RenVan Posts: 121 Member
    Try increasing your protein and fiber intake. It helps me feel fuller longer.
  • lollaler
    lollaler Posts: 69 Member
    not sure what BMR is. i just entered my weight, height and mfp automatically gave me 1200 cals.
    geez i really hope i should be eating more but then again i have been trying for almost 3 weeks and not really lost anything (pants still tight :()
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    I went to take a look at your food diary to see if I could help and it's private. Try more protein and food high in fiber.
  • lollaler
    lollaler Posts: 69 Member
    omg your picture is that how much you lost. i'll try figure out how to make it non private... pretty embarressing though.
    thanks !
  • royalty_mind_1me
    royalty_mind_1me Posts: 278 Member
    Lolla glad you asked...

1. Water is a great tool but you need some vitamins in your life #1 and my food fillers are: apple slices, watermelon, oranges, 3 oz of trail mix, carrots & peanut butter (2 tbsp), and kettle corn (actually good item, with not much calorie intake)
    2. Have you heard of body-by-vi? well check out their site...google it or youtube it. I drink the shakes every other day or meal replacement once a day. It works too, adding frozen strawberries, pineapple juice, or flavor packs from them too, sometimes adding peanutt butter and making my own mudslide under 180 cal -it works hun! Interested I can send you my link...hope this helped :flowerforyou:
    12146223.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

another quick tip.... dont eat your extra calories from exercising and watch you shred faster..I lost 5 lbs in 10 days!
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    1200 calories is wrong most of the time. Go up to "Goals" and where it says "Calories burned through daily activity" take away 20% from that number, eat that many calories.

^^^^^
    This.
    Unless you are a very short, sedentary female, this is too low.
    You have more than likely chosen a goal loss that is too high so mfp will put you on the minimum cals.
    With less than 5kg to lose you should be set to 0.5 per week. That will increase your cals to a sensible level and should stop you being hungry all the time.
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    nuts are good at filling me but they are a lot of calories. Eggs, beans, you can eat a huge salad and it has minimal calories. You can feel the satisfaction of chewing. I would eat at least your BMR so that would increase your calories. Also open up your diary to your friends (hint hint) so that we can help you! Hugs.
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    and don't do really expensive protein shakes it is a waste of money. Food is much better for you.
  • herownkindofwonderfull
    herownkindofwonderfull Posts: 307 Member
    high protein foods = filling foods!

(not protein shakes, which are typically Whey Proteins and actually only hold you over for a short amount of time)

I often eat:

White Albacore Tuna
    Eggs
    Peanut Butter/Whole Wheat Bread (pb sandwhich... usually i'll add banana!)
    Oatmeal
    Almonds
    Whole Grain Rice
    Salmon
    Black Beans (any beans, really!)
    Chicken/Turkey

:)

and of course, LOTS OF WATER!
  • iHEARTcardiacnurses
    iHEARTcardiacnurses Posts: 437 Member
    another quick tip.... dont eat your extra calories from exercising and watch you shred faster..I lost 5 lbs in 10 days!

*rollseyes* Don't listen to this. Eat your exercise calories. It's hard as *kitten* to burn 1750 calories a day, not to mention impossible to retain muscle mass. It was probably water. Sorry to bust your bubble.
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Agree with other advice, especially about checking whether your target should be higher. Looking at your diary, it's pretty good overall and my only suggestion is that you review your snacks - there's quite a lot of calories in them (yoghurt, crackers, ice cream) and I wonder whether you are sncking on these as quick fixes because you are hungry. You could trade these for a big bowl of high fibre high protein salad based on lean meat/fish, pulses/brown rice, and grilled or roasted vegetables and perhaps find that more satisfying.
  • royalty_mind_1me
    royalty_mind_1me Posts: 278 Member

*rollseyes* Don't listen to this. Eat your exercise calories. It's hard as *kitten* to burn 1750 calories a day, not to mention impossible to retain muscle mass. It was probably water. Sorry to bust your bubble.

It worked for me, just a recommendation for someone who asked and yes I would not lie about what works and others have giving me this advice on this site :flowerforyou:
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,374 Member
    One thing I have just started eating again is oatmeal w/cinnamon...You can make it however you like but it is VERY filling...You will stay full for way longer than an hour with it....HTH! :)

Also, check this site to find your BMR, BF% - Anything you need....

http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/

Add me as a friend if you would like too... :)
  • nbme
    nbme Posts: 8 Member
    Thanks so much for everyone's advice! I have the same issue--hungry ALL the time! I keep going over my 1200 cal/day (set by MFP) even though I workout 4-6 days a week.