ouch!pain streching tips!

Options
Im not sure what the muscle is called but runs from my ankle up on the inside of my Shinn bone, both really hurt after work out. To be honest they were hurting when I started my workout yesterday so guess from my previous work out.
Not sure how I can strech it out.... As its not my calf?

Replies

• Char_marcus
    Char_marcus Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    get a towel or a resistance band if you have one, sit on the floor with your back straight and legs straight out in front of you.

loop the band around both or one foot at a time and straighten your foot out so that it's pointing in front of you, and at the same time keep a tight grip on the towel/band to create some resistance hold for 5-10 seconds and repeat 10-20 times on both feet, every day.

it's also a great workout for your feet as well

hope this helps
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    Im not sure what the muscle is called but runs from my ankle up on the inside of my Shinn bone, both really hurt after work out. To be honest they were hurting when I started my workout yesterday so guess from my previous work out.

Its sounds like a shin splint(the muscle on the front of your leg beside the shin). I found that sitting on your knees, flatten your feet out behind you and slowly transfer your body weight onto your feet worked for me. Link of image below

http://www.shinsplintsstretches.org/shin-splints-stretches-you-need-to-be-doing/
  • joelleh26
    joelleh26 Posts: 74 Member
    Options

Its sounds like a shin splint(the muscle on the front of your leg beside the shin). I found that sitting on your knees, flatten your feet out behind you and slowly transfer your body weight onto your feet worked for me. Link of image below

http://www.shinsplintsstretches.org/shin-splints-stretches-you-need-to-be-doing/

Got to find out what one is too :)
  • joelleh26
    joelleh26 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    get a towel or a resistance band if you have one, sit on the floor with your back straight and legs straight out in front of you.

loop the band around both or one foot at a time and straighten your foot out so that it's pointing in front of you, and at the same time keep a tight grip on the towel/band to create some resistance hold for 5-10 seconds and repeat 10-20 times on both feet, every day.

it's also a great workout for your feet as well

hope this helps

thanks