Best breakfast to stop hunger till lunch?

Options
2»

Replies

• christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Eggs.

You need protein. Not carbs!
  • dowehall
    dowehall Posts: 2
    Options
    Take some string cheese with you for a snack before lunch. Also if you ate an egg with the toast you would get some valuable protein.
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    No matter how big a breakfast I have, I am hungry way before lunch. (cuz breakfast is at 6, my lunch break is usually 2pm.) So I pack a healthy snack. I just can't go go go for almost 8 hours with nothing between breakie and lunch.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Hey all,

Currently I am having two slices of wholemeal bread with butter for breakfast but my hunger pangs kick in around 11am. The only access I have at work to a quick snack is a vending machine full of temptation so I would rather avoid that!

What do you guys recommend to keep the hunger away till after 12pm?

What you are consuming is not a balanced breakfast at all... that is actually more like a snack.

You need a hefty dose of protein, a healthy fat, you can find ways to incorporate vegetables and fruits...

I often will make a two-egg omelet with freshly roasted vegetables (I roast up about 25# at at time weekly), Ill throw in some chicken or ham, a serving of cheese and VOILA - a balanced breakfast.

I often when making dinner will make an additional serving's worth and have that for breakfast the next day...
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Some sort of protein and a handfull of nuts ......most days I have between 100 and 120g of protein (steak, chicken, eggs) and 15 almonds.....

I cook extra protein the night before, and then have extra to take to work for breakfast....

Keeps me nice and satiated till lunch time.....

As a rule I have protein at every meal - really helps with not getting hunger pangs at any time...
  • angelrock
    angelrock Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Quaker porridge oats are filling,35g oats and I have them with 2g flaxseed, 10g raisins, 1 teaspoon of sugar and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon they are really filling and the health benefits are enourmous!

Nuts and raisins are always good food to snack on if you are still feeling hungry.
  • bjtrn2003
    bjtrn2003 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Shakeology! I have a shake at around 6AM and have no problems throughout the rest of the day. I never have that insane hunger I used to get in the mornings after I workout, and my energy is right for the rest of the day too. I eat two medium meals at work and a decent supper and never feel like I'm going to clean out the fridge. Stuff's expensive but it's great!
  • LifeChangingExp
    Options
    Hey all,

Currently I am having two slices of wholemeal bread with butter for breakfast but my hunger pangs kick in around 11am. The only access I have at work to a quick snack is a vending machine full of temptation so I would rather avoid that!

What do you guys recommend to keep the hunger away till after 12pm?

yes have a huge breakfast.. normal lunch, lighter dinner

Huge as in all the veggies u can think of lol.. 1 whole egg, 5 egg white, whole wheat toast etcc.. theres soo many optionss. When making meals, always try to incorporate fibrous veggies.... Hunger pang disappear .
  • ReinventingLisa
    ReinventingLisa Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    This will keep me full for a while:

2 -3 eggs scrambled
    1 serving cottage cheese
    2 high fiber toast with butter

Higher in calories, but it does keep me full for hours! Lunches for me are a little less calories so just as long as I have a big breakfast, I'm usually pretty good.
  • witcheekimmie
    witcheekimmie Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    The key is snacks. I can not eat a huge breakfast before I go to work. So I keep snacks at my desk. I eat 5 times a day. 6am Breakfast, 9am snack, 12 lunch, 2pm snack, 5pm dinner. I do not get the OMG I gotta eat feeling.
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    I eat eggs and outs.. With the eggs a pre boil a massive batch, that way I dont have to do it every morning! Easy peasy!
  • cmhollis1
    cmhollis1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    - At 5 AM I have 3/4 cup of Raisin Nut Bran with 3/4 cup 1% milk for breakfast (263 cals)

- at 9 o'clock I have a Land O Lakes cheese snack (90 cals)
    - I eat a sandwich at 11 for lunch ( approx 350 cals)
    - Minneola Orange (70 cals) for snack at 1 PM (70 cals)
    - At 3 PM Quaker Reduced sugar chocolate chip peanut butter Chewy bar (100 cals)
    - Dinner at 5 PM

Works for me.
  • Weathers58
    Weathers58 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    porridge with water and bananas and eat loads Breakfast is key especially if you are training.

Carb load and then ease off Protein mainly in the evening.

If you carb load with high GI foods you wont be hungry.

Eat nuts or fruit mid morning

thats my toppy tippies
  • charlesb22
    charlesb22 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I eat whole grain cereal and a lot of Greek yoghurt for breakfast about 7am, keeps my going until lunch at about 12.30. Protein is key!
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    1/3 cup dry oats, 60g protein powder and 1-2 tablespoons of peanut butter sits in my stomach like a brick until lunchtime, haha.
  • tiggersstar
    tiggersstar Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    you could try a cereal instead of toast, shredded wheat is good.

i always have a snack at 11am anyway, to keep me going to lunch at 1pm.

:flowerforyou: